Centenary Kit

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Centenary Kit

Post by Selby White »

Looks more like a vest than a football shirt :shock:

What is it they say about a fool and his/her money ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

When I think back to some of the celebratory kits from other clubs, this really annoys me more than ever.

That Arsenal one was magnificent and the yellow and green halves for Newton Heath gave disgruntled Man U fans something physical to use in their fight against the Glazers.
What do we get ?
Something out of Grandpa Walton's wardrobe and a coffee table book :evil:
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

Otherworld wrote:Looks like they’re sold out now anyway. I would’ve bought one, would’ve given me some incentive to lose a bit of weight, but looks like it’s too late now. :(
I'm assuming these were available through the club shop. Can anyone confirm if they are defiantly sold out. A mates dad has contacted me he wants to get one for his lad here in Adelaide
Cheers
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

West beach white wrote:
Otherworld wrote:Looks like they’re sold out now anyway. I would’ve bought one, would’ve given me some incentive to lose a bit of weight, but looks like it’s too late now. :(
I'm assuming these were available through the club shop. Can anyone confirm if they are defiantly sold out. A mates dad has contacted me he wants to get one for his lad here in Adelaide
Cheers
I can’t see them on the website now, so assume they are all sold out. God knows how at that extortionate price.

I have to say though, that dream scene print looks stunning. I’m going to have a closer look in the club shop before the game today, it might be going on my letter to Santa.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Whilst I thought the kit was a complete rip off, commercially I guess the club got it spot on (if anything it was underpriced) given all 1919 sold out in 24 hours ! Interestingly yesterday as many were complaining about being unable to purchase the shirt as were complaining about the price. I would hope the proceeds might have been used to fund a free programme for all or T-shirt for the kids but ha ho.

I attended both the match (with possibly one of your associates ONS - a really nice fella - Burley Banksy) and the Dinner. I thought the dinner (excellent Beef btw) a bit like the player presentations on the pitch wasn’t choreographed as well as it could have been, it was somewhat rushed.

What the whole celebrations reconfirmed to me, was there is great appetite & money, to own a piece of LUFC. Some will know I advocated (and got agreement to proceed with cellino - another story) fan ownership of the ground - not the club. Radz could create a true legacy if the pitch was owned by 1000 supporters ensuring whoever owned the club and whatever financial state it got into, the club would continue; on on on! Sadly he isn’t interested as it would reduce his kerching.

I too thought the dream scene print was excellent - the artist and those involved (ONS?) should be commended. However, again I understand Radz hasn’t covered himself in glory, being unable to resist a degree of self promotion with the addition of Eleven Sports into the scene.

Overall it’s been a great week, with plenty of nostalgia - no better year for us to start making further history with promotion in 2020.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

isrodger wrote:Whilst I thought the kit was a complete rip off, commercially I guess the club got it spot on (if anything it was underpriced) given all 1919 sold out in 24 hours ! Interestingly yesterday as many were complaining about being unable to purchase the shirt as were complaining about the price. I would hope the proceeds might have been used to fund a free programme for all or T-shirt for the kids but ha ho.

I attended both the match (with possibly one of your associates ONS - a really nice fella - Burley Banksy) and the Dinner. I thought the dinner (excellent Beef btw) a bit like the player presentations on the pitch wasn’t choreographed as well as it could have been, it was somewhat rushed.

What the whole celebrations reconfirmed to me, was there is great appetite & money, to own a piece of LUFC. Some will know I advocated (and got agreement to proceed with cellino - another story) fan ownership of the ground - not the club. Radz could create a true legacy if the pitch was owned by 1000 supporters ensuring whoever owned the club and whatever financial state it got into, the club would continue; on on on! Sadly he isn’t interested as it would reduce his kerching.

I too thought the dream scene print was excellent - the artist and those involved (ONS?) should be commended. However, again I understand Radz hasn’t covered himself in glory, being unable to resist a degree of self promotion with the addition of Eleven Sports into the scene.

Overall it’s been a great week, with plenty of nostalgia - no better year for us to start making further history with promotion in 2020.
Hi Ian (and Kev) - yes I was very slightly involved with the Dream Scene painting and even got a name check from the artist Jamie Cooper when he was explaining his vision for the dressing room painting. Jon Howe and Daniel Chapman helped with me.

If you have any questions about the painting and can't wait to see the booklet that comes with the prints to explain it all, you're welcome to ask here. i'm no expert but happy to help as it was a real thrill to be part of it all. The Eleven Sports inclusion was definitely Jamie's idea, he was my guest in the Peacock before the game and so we grilled him about that specific aspect :lol:

I thought the Thursday night do was superb bt I am very biased as I got caught up in a lot of the LU whirlwind, just being very lucky to be in the right place at the right time. :angel:
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
isrodger wrote:Whilst I thought the kit was a complete rip off, commercially I guess the club got it spot on (if anything it was underpriced) given all 1919 sold out in 24 hours ! Interestingly yesterday as many were complaining about being unable to purchase the shirt as were complaining about the price. I would hope the proceeds might have been used to fund a free programme for all or T-shirt for the kids but ha ho.

Hi Ian (and Kev) - yes I was very slightly involved with the Dream Scene painting and even got a name check from the artist Jamie Cooper when he was explaining his vision for the dressing room painting. Jon Howe and Daniel Chapman helped with me.

If you have any questions about the painting and can't wait to see the booklet that comes with the prints to explain it all, you're welcome to ask here. i'm no expert but happy to help as it was a real thrill to be part of it all. The Eleven Sports inclusion was definitely Jamie's idea, he was my guest in the Peacock before the game and so we grilled him about that specific aspect :lol:

I thought the Thursday night do was superb bt I am very biased as I got caught up in a lot of the LU whirlwind, just being very lucky to be in the right place at the right time. :angel:
It’s a big well done from me. As an aside I spoke with Jermaine Beckford for a couple of minutes. I had a perception he might be brash, arrogant etc. Nothing was further from the truth, he was engaging, intelligent and genuinely honoured to be at an event with true greats like Gray, Giles etc. As for sniffer, never a shrinking violet, on an exchange when I said how many goals would you score in this team, he protested he was more than a goalscorer, could pass a ball as well as Giles etc etc.... what a fella. A mention to woodgate, Keane & Howson attending when in training the following morning. A great night, just a bit rushed ... personally I even managed to get a dog in at Joe Jordan for going to Man Utd.

Well done again Rob, the scene really does contain a level of detail which adds value to what is a special piece.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Managed to get a closer look at the dream scene pictures in the club shop yesterday, it really is absolutely brilliant.

Definitely on my list for Santa :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Is there a link for purchasing the dream scene? Pretty keen on treating myself with it.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Barlow Boy wrote:Managed to get a closer look at the dream scene pictures in the club shop yesterday, it really is absolutely brilliant.

Definitely on my list for Santa :thumbup:
Did Santa come through with one?
My partner got me one for Christmas with an all white frame. It looks mint.