Adam Forshaw - Not Available Again?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Adam Forshaw - Not Available Again?

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Anyone any idea how many games Adam Forshaw has actually played / games missed through injury? Looks like a bit of a Sick Note merchant! :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Costy

Re: Adam Forshaw - Not Available Again?

Post by Costy »

He is. It's a shame because he's a good player. I also think Liam Cooper is a bit of a sicknote as well on the sly.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Can't understand these guys. As an amateur player, I used to play with injuries as I didn't want to miss a game. Once played with an ankle that was so swollen that I had to cut a 'V' in the side of my boot to get it on. It was my right ankle so I just kicked with my left foot for 90 minutes - no subs in those days!
I once played against Don Revie.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

johnh wrote:Can't understand these guys. As an amateur player, I used to play with injuries as I didn't want to miss a game. Once played with an ankle that was so swollen that I had to cut a 'V' in the side of my boot to get it on. It was my right ankle so I just kicked with my left foot for 90 minutes - no subs in those days!
I expect that you didn't have to try and play and press with the intensity of a Bielsa team whilst injured though, johnh.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

johnh wrote:Can't understand these guys. As an amateur player, I used to play with injuries as I didn't want to miss a game. Once played with an ankle that was so swollen that I had to cut a 'V' in the side of my boot to get it on. It was my right ankle so I just kicked with my left foot for 90 minutes - no subs in those days!
How are your legs now? My knees ache permanently - I should have stopped playing a couple of years earlier.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

SiMamu wrote:
I expect that you didn't have to try and play and press with the intensity of a Bielsa team whilst injured though, johnh.
I think the medical staff have more of a say these days too even if a player wanted to play they'd be stopped. A different world now John and not always in a good way.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

Davycc wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
I think the medical staff have more of a say these days too even if a player wanted to play they'd be stopped. A different world now John and not always in a good way.
If you have an hour spare, a good podcast with Gary Lewin on ths subject: https://open.spotify.com/episode/14E0AY ... c9Dd7LViCQ
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

psquithy wrote:
How are your legs now? My knees ache permanently - I should have stopped playing a couple of years earlier.
Have had one knee replacement and the other needs doing. Oddly, I have no problems with ankles even though they incurred the most damage when I played. I certainly should have stopped earlier. Last game was 1 month after my 40th birthday. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Costy

Post by Costy »

I found that 35 was a somewhat magic number, and not in a good way. Never had any injuries prior to that and then seemed to get injured every time I played, eventually tearing my meniscus. Had almost a year off playing, came back and then promptly tore my cruciate. Had that operated on, worked very hard at rehab, came back over a year later and now have a badly torn hamstring. Think my body is trying to tell me something.....
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Similar record to that...
Uninjured for years, then an innocuous turn on a dodgy pitch broke my leg in 2 places.

Several comebacks have only resulted in torn medial ligaments 4 times, all accompanied by a dislocated kneecap just to slow the healing process.

Only 1 knee operation so far. At 45, docs say I'm too young for knee replacements as they only last about 20 years. I'd likely need more in my early 60's...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay