Ben White

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Ben White

Post by LAsouthcoast »

In my local newspaper today is a quote from Graham Potter regarding recent interest in Ben White from Liverpool and Man utd. White signed a new 1 year contract before signing on loan at Leeds Potter said " He`s our player and has a future here, he`s on loan at Leeds and having a positive experience. But we`re looking forward to having him back at the right time. He`s our player and is contracted with us". He went on to say " He`s having a good time at Leeds, so we`ll assess at the end of the season to see what is best thing is going forward. Unless there is a real push for it, we won`t call him back. He`s having a positive time and we are well covered in that position".
Deleted User 3289

Re: Ben White

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

1 Year contract? (extension) We could sign him on a free in the summer. :D

Sounds like a statement from a club/manager who have just realised they have a potentially valuable asset on the books.

Fantastic player. Imo every bit as good as John Stones and we all know how that ended. Will be a sad day we wave him goodbye at the end of the season come what may.

Maybe would could take it to the courts and try and stop him going back? Particularly if he doesn't agree with the decision to leave. :think:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

LAsouthcoast wrote:In my local newspaper today is a quote from Graham Potter regarding recent interest in Ben White from Liverpool and Man utd. White signed a new 1 year contract before signing on loan at Leeds Potter said " He`s our player and has a future here, he`s on loan at Leeds and having a positive experience. But we`re looking forward to having him back at the right time. He`s our player and is contracted with us". He went on to say " He`s having a good time at Leeds, so we`ll assess at the end of the season to see what is best thing is going forward. Unless there is a real push for it, we won`t call him back. He`s having a positive time and we are well covered in that position".
Do you speak to any Brighton fans mate ?, if so, what’s their view on the current CB’s playing at Brighton and Ben ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Barlow Boy wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:In my local newspaper today is a quote from Graham Potter regarding recent interest in Ben White from Liverpool and Man utd. White signed a new 1 year contract before signing on loan at Leeds Potter said " He`s our player and has a future here, he`s on loan at Leeds and having a positive experience. But we`re looking forward to having him back at the right time. He`s our player and is contracted with us". He went on to say " He`s having a good time at Leeds, so we`ll assess at the end of the season to see what is best thing is going forward. Unless there is a real push for it, we won`t call him back. He`s having a positive time and we are well covered in that position".
Do you speak to any Brighton fans mate ?, if so, what’s their view on the current CB’s playing at Brighton and Ben ?
My son-in-law is a season ticket holder and had heard positive reports before we had signed him but I don't think knew how good he was.
They have Dunk who is a decent premier league player, Duffy who has been struggling to get in the side, they signed Webster for around £20m in the summer, Clarke from Pompey and loaned him to Derby and Dan Burn from Fulham so they have a lot of options, but for me Ben White is better than the lot of them.
As pointed out in an earlier post regarding his contract, I meant it was a 1 year extension, apologies.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Think our best hope of keeping White next season, if we're promoted, is if he signs for one of the big 6 and they loan him back to us for an additional season.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

LAsouthcoast wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
My son-in-law is a season ticket holder and had heard positive reports before we had signed him but I don't think knew how good he was.
They have Dunk who is a decent premier league player, Duffy who has been struggling to get in the side, they signed Webster for around £20m in the summer, Clarke from Pompey and loaned him to Derby and Dan Burn from Fulham so they have a lot of options, but for me Ben White is better than the lot of them.
As pointed out in an earlier post regarding his contract, I meant it was a 1 year extension, apologies.
Thanks for that LA :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

SiMamu wrote:Think our best hope of keeping White next season, if we're promoted, is if he signs for one of the big 6 and they loan him back to us for an additional season.
Not being funny Si, if we get promoted we will be one of the bigger clubs straight away.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Think our best hope of keeping White next season, if we're promoted, is if he signs for one of the big 6 and they loan him back to us for an additional season.
Not being funny Si, if we get promoted we will be one of the bigger clubs straight away.
Sorry ANS but I did smile when I saw your comment. :P

In our hearts of course we are one of the bigger clubs if not the biggest but this is a case of rose tinted glasses sadly.

There are those that can offer up untold riches in terms of life changing contracts and the opportunity to win silverware in the immediate future. In reality there is a huge gap between them and us I'm afraid. :cry:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

If we go up then we could blow our entire budget of around £100 m on White. That would let other clubs know who's boss. And then we could rebuild the following season back in the Championship. :shifty:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
Sorry ANS but I did smile when I saw your comment. :P

In our hearts of course we are one of the bigger clubs if not the biggest but this is a case of rose tinted glasses sadly.

There are those that can offer up untold riches in terms of life changing contracts and the opportunity to win silverware in the immediate future. In reality there is a huge gap between them and us I'm afraid. :cry:
No disrespect meant or taken but I think you're forgetting what a massive fillip the finances will feel as soon as we land in the PL :D Plus there is the possibility, some say probability, of QSI buying us which if it happened would make us financially one of THE biggest. I'm not sure I believe any of that but plenty do.

I stand by my words, it's not my heart speaking, it's my brain, yes in optimistic mode but not giddy kipperish IMO