If we go up - transfers

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: If we go up - transfers

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Oh, but over and above all that, any player who is here NOW can carry on regardless until their contract runs out. It's only when they sign a new one, either before the existing one ends or at the end of it, that the new rules kick in.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:Oh, but over and above all that, any player who is here NOW can carry on regardless until their contract runs out. It's only when they sign a new one, either before the existing one ends or at the end of it, that the new rules kick in.
That's how I read it :thumbup:

Wherever the rules end up it will be same for everyone, nothing will change with regards to those with most money been able to attract the better "available" players.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

IF we go up, I don't think we should change too much of the squad. Look at Sheffield United for example, now they are 5th in Premier League with 28 points in 18 games. They bought 4 quite expensive players this summer, but none of them have played even half of those 1600 minutes of the season so far: Oli McBurnie (700 minutes), Lys Mousset (680 minutes), Callum Robinson (580 minutes) and Luke Freeman (320 minutes).

For me, IF we go up. Identify 1-2 players that are clear improvements and keep the rest (if we can't sign Ben White and Harrison we need a few more obviusely). We have a strong team and if they are able to win promotion they should be good enough to stay off relegation.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

rigger wrote:I feel like closing this thread.

Don't jinx it.

Nothing is a given, not for this club ..
I wish you had closed it rigger.

Tonight the gap to third could be just 1 point, having been 11 after the Hull match on December 10th.

Just as worrying is the fact that we are now only 7 points above 7th.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Polkadot wrote:IF we go up, I don't think we should change too much of the squad. Look at Sheffield United for example, now they are 5th in Premier League with 28 points in 18 games. They bought 4 quite expensive players this summer, but none of them have played even half of those 1600 minutes of the season so far: Oli McBurnie (700 minutes), Lys Mousset (680 minutes), Callum Robinson (580 minutes) and Luke Freeman (320 minutes).

For me, IF we go up. Identify 1-2 players that are clear improvements and keep the rest (if we can't sign Ben White and Harrison we need a few more obviusely). We have a strong team and if they are able to win promotion they should be good enough to stay off relegation.
But there are glaring holes in the team that will be used against us in PL. Left back is a must, CB if we dónt get White, Striker of Bielsa quality and some creator(Hernandez is too old) or destroyer in the mid. This is bare minimum.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

saihtam wrote:
Polkadot wrote:IF we go up, I don't think we should change too much of the squad. Look at Sheffield United for example, now they are 5th in Premier League with 28 points in 18 games. They bought 4 quite expensive players this summer, but none of them have played even half of those 1600 minutes of the season so far: Oli McBurnie (700 minutes), Lys Mousset (680 minutes), Callum Robinson (580 minutes) and Luke Freeman (320 minutes).

But there are glaring holes in the team that will be used against us in PL. Left back is a must, CB if we dónt get White, Striker of Bielsa quality and some creator(Hernandez is too old) or destroyer in the mid. This is bare minimum.
Lets just wait until we go up and then discus the subject.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

MOT1964 wrote:
rigger wrote:I feel like closing this thread.

Don't jinx it.

Nothing is a given, not for this club ..
I wish you had closed it rigger.

Tonight the gap to third could be just 1 point, having been 11 after the Hull match on December 10th.

Just as worrying is the fact that we are now only 7 points above 7th.
It's not good but the true gap can't be judged until next week until everyone including ourselves have played (equal games). One point been the worst case scenario.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Selby White wrote:
saihtam wrote:

Discussions in my opinion are always welcomed until they have purpose and are constructive. + it is distractive and keeps sane on hard times :think:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

saihtam wrote:
Selby White wrote:
saihtam wrote:

Discussions in my opinion are always welcomed until they have purpose and are constructive. + it is distractive and keeps sane on hard times :think:
It's a Jinx, this thread was started on 17th Dec just at the start of our bad run :shock:

And for that reason I agree with those who think it should be locked.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Have now unlocked this thread.

It was originally locked at the request of members due to be seen as a jinx during our bad run. However it is seen differently by others so as a goodwill gesture I have reinstated it.