If we go up - transfers

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: If we go up - transfers

Post by Otherworld »

Won’t even think about it until we’re 10 points ahead of 3rd with 3 games to go...
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
johnh wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
rigger wrote:I feel like closing this thread.

Don't jinx it.

Nothing is a given, not for this club ..
Jinxes don't exist, mate, along with fate, luck and the Tooth Fairy :D
ANS, glad you didn't include Father Christmas in that. I once heard that he wasn't real, still can't believe it.
I'm clearly more considerate than you mate, I did consider claiming it but thought it might upset some people :lol:
Would upset me and my sales below :lol:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

I'm looking forward to coming back to this topic in May
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Haha I understand the trepidation from everyone one this topic. So... Going back to the original post I guess the real but I want to know is who agrees with my views on player quality, people have said only KP and BW are prem quality. I believe they are top 6 quality and we have many other as stated who are still bottom half quality. Also views on the gap between the too of champ to bottom of prem?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

HalifaxWhite wrote: Also views on the gap between the too of champ to bottom of prem?
Well two of teams that were in last seasons play offs are in the top two places currently. The three teams that were relegated from the Prem are in 6th, 12th & 19th.
That possibly tells the story.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Otherworld wrote:Won’t even think about it until we’re 10 points ahead of 3rd with 3 games to go...
Even then, I’d still think we’d manage to stupid person it up somehow.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Otherworld wrote:Won’t even think about it until we’re 10 points ahead of 3rd with 3 games to go...
Even then, I’d still think we’d manage to stupid person it up somehow.
FL 3 point deduction for MB wearing a suit last game of the season. Oh wait... no chance of that :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Don't forget restrictions on foreign players after Brexit.

edited by Rigger.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

whiteinfrance wrote:Don't forget restrictions on foreign players after Brexit.

edited by Rigger.
Actually don’t think it will be effected in the least ... indeed the FA presently impose a ‘Australian Style’ meritocracy on imported players from outside the EU & that should prevail. As regards EU players if they fit the present FA criteria they should be allowed in specifically given their earnings will catapult them into the top 1% of earners and tax payers in the UK. The one area it may effect the recruitment of kids on ‘development contracts’ from the EU... but if they are good enough they should be paid enough and thus meet the criteria.

Off topic I note PSG may be recruiting for a soccer school in Leeds. Maybe a way of them flexing their muscles to Radz. Doubtless they are now aware of the success of our academy, so why not have their own recruitment centre? Clever.? And a means of leveraging Radz a little further when reaching a reasonable compromise on price.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

In FM19, Brexit happens and the rules change.
Given the detailed research that goes into their data and the fact I heard MD Miles Jacobson talking about this very subject on the H&J Show on talkSPORT a couple of weeks ago, I think what they implement in the game is what will happen in real life.

The squad for EPL registration remains at 25, but that's made up of 8 homegrown players and up to 17 foreigners.
If the foreign players have EU nationality, that's fine and they can play here provided they're on £8k/week or over. If they're on less then they're not eligible for first team action in any competition but can play for the U23s or below.
Any players from overseas that are NOT from an EU country must get a work permit to be able to play - same as today's regulations.