Player of the decade

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Player of the decade

Post by lufctrav »

Snodgrass for mine, followed by Pablo and Becchio.
blackpool white

Post by blackpool white »

Chris Wood for sure

his conversion rate in his last season was astronomical, made the difference between challenging and finishing 7th and struggling against relegation.

If he were here last season with the service provided, he would surely have scored 50 and we would have been champions by easter
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

blackpool white wrote:Chris Wood for sure

his conversion rate in his last season was astronomical, made the difference between challenging and finishing 7th and struggling against relegation.

If he were here last season with the service provided, he would surely have scored 50 and we would have been champions by easter
Although I went for Pablo I think Woody is a good call as think he is the best striker we've had in the last 10 years (I include Beckford, Becchio, McCormack, etc in that statement).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
janecky
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by janecky »

Time under Bielsa's guidance is by far our best spell of the decade, and Pablo is the best player of this team.
Also agree that with Wood Leeds would now play Premier league football.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

blackpool white wrote:Chris Wood for sure

Although I cant argue that Wood`s scoring record with us was decent, I have to disagree regarding last season, I don't think he would fit into MBs system, his receiving the ball and movement were not that good plus a lot of his goals are from high balls into the box which we don't often do.
johnnysmiles

Post by johnnysmiles »

1 Pablo
2 Kalvin
3 Wood

Chris Wood only really did it for one season... perhaps the decade came to a close a season too early for Kalvin...