Current Form

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Current Form

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Gaz109 wrote:We will miss out again on promotion if Bielsa sticks with Bamford as main striker. I don’t see how he can defend him anymore quite simple he isn’t good enough when it comes to hitting the back of the net
Welcome to the forum Gaz.

I think it's a bit harsh that the issues of not finding the net to reflect our possession stats in matches is the fault of Patrick Bamford alone. There has been precious little contribution from the others in terms of goals and we are completely cr*p at set pieces for example. :roll:

More threat from the others would give PM that bit more space and time and......well you never know but I can understand the frustration.

As for our form it is very clear that a lot of us are getting a bit jittery when we are seemingly starting to stutter as we did last season and we see one or two clubs starting to pick up momentum, like Brentford who seem to be scoring goals for fun and on a winning streak, even though we are right up there in the higher reaches of the Championship. :problem:

Personally, even if we do bring in one or two new faces, and I have my doubts about that, I think the rest of the season is going to be what we have had so far - dominating possession, struggling to create clear cut chances, inability to be clinical in front of goal, nicking points as a result and always open to the sucker punch where all the oppositions very few chances in a match end up in the back of the net.

All I am hoping is that it is all that bit more than last year and enough to get us up. :?
Keep The Faith / WAL
Gaz109
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Gaz109 »

I agree but the point is Bamford is a centre forward and that is his primary function, just watching now against QPR a good chance and a penalty missed. We can have all the possession in the world but if you don’t have a striker then it’s a waste of complete time. Bottled it again, blown it again BAMFORD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Gaz109 wrote:I agree but the point is Bamford is a centre forward and that is his primary function, just watching now against QPR a good chance and a penalty missed. We can have all the possession in the world but if you don’t have a striker then it’s a waste of complete time. Bottled it again, blown it again BAMFORD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the forum.

Just a point we try to keep threads on topic and you will find there actually is a Patrick Bamford one.
This thread is about current form of the team in general not individuals.
Thanks.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.