Current Form

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Current Form

Post by Selby White »

When you look at it a little deeper within the 10 games we had that 9 goal thriller with the team 3rd bottom yet stuffed the team in 2nd place, crazy league anything can happen.

The good thing is everyone beating each other the 9 point gap to third place looks bigger than ever.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Austin91
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Austin91 »

Im actually suprised to see that considering our recent dip over the xmas period. Great graphic to put it all in perspective though. The next 10 look even tougher and will be big tests for us.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

The next 10 look tougher?? How do you work that one out Austin?

Next 10
Sheff Weds (H)
QPR (A)
Milwall (H)
Wigan (H)
Forest (A)
Brentford (A)
Bristol (H)
Reading (H)
Borough (A)
Hull (A)

Last 10
Luton (A) - W
Reading (A) - W
Borough (H) - W
Hudds (A) - W
Hull (H) - W
Cardiff (H) - D
Fulham (A) - Robbed
Preston (H) - D
Bham (A) - W
W Brom (A) - D

So in the next 10 I would expect us to win most of them, the tougher teams are away from home which benefits us as we play better when they come at us. The only game I am worried about here in Brentford. Look at the last 10 from the start I would have been saying Cardiff, Fulham, Preston and West Brom were all likely losses but we only lost 1.

Also when you look at that, only one loss in the last 10 and people keep talking about our form !? And that loss was daylight robbery from the referee and against one of the better teams in the league. We also outplayed the best/second best depending on your view. Got a draw with another 2 chasing the top 6 and beat the rest. Sounds alright to me.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

You might say the counter to my positivity is that we only won 1 in the last 5. However look at who those 5 were against and we were incredibly unlucky in a couple of them.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

If you plot our form as PPG taken as a rolling average (i.e. the current game and 3 previous) then our current form is 1.25PPG (DWDL)

Plot this on a chart, and because this season does seem dejavu (e.g. last season we also had a 7 game winning run and post christmas slump) thought it would be good to plot both

It's unnervingly similar, which begs the question are we going to repeat last year? Or what can be done to ensure we don't!
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Nic wrote:If you plot our form as PPG taken as a rolling average (i.e. the current game and 3 previous) then our current form is 1.25PPG (DWDL)

Plot this on a chart, and because this season does seem dejavu (e.g. last season we also had a 7 game winning run and post christmas slump) thought it would be good to plot both

It's unnervingly similar, which begs the question are we going to repeat last year? Or what can be done to ensure we don't!
That is scary Nic! Well done on the analysis.

The chart reflects what’s similar on the field of play and within the club to last year as well.

Dominating all games from a possession point of view.
Desperately poor performance in front of goal.
Dodgy goalkeeping episodes.
Square pegs being stuffed into round holes as players are moved around to cover injuries etc.
The opposition sussing us out by either defending deep and waiting or else pressing high if the have the talent.
Apparent lack of faith in the younger talents in the squad/ club. (Maybe we’ve just believed the hype about them??).
Increasing lack of fear in the opposition about playing us in Elland Road.
Increasing nervousness within the club about slipping from a very strong promotion winning position.

The difference this January is that we know this now and there is time to adjust while we still have a very dominant position and mostly high quality team performances. All up to Radz, Orta and Bielsa now.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

After last years January debacle I'm sure they won't want a repeat this year. January is a difficult window as many clubs don't want to sell until they get a replacement , and often clubs feel they can ask for more.

Ifit gets to the last week of January and no news has come out or we've just signed a few youngsters, then I fear we may miss out again.
Gaz109
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Gaz109 »

We will miss out again on promotion if Bielsa sticks with Bamford as main striker. I don’t see how he can defend him anymore quite simple he isn’t good enough when it comes to hitting the back of the net
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Gaz109 wrote:We will miss out again on promotion if Bielsa sticks with Bamford as main striker. I don’t see how he can defend him anymore quite simple he isn’t good enough when it comes to hitting the back of the net
Welcome to the forum :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Gaz109 wrote:We will miss out again on promotion if Bielsa sticks with Bamford as main striker. I don’t see how he can defend him anymore quite simple he isn’t good enough when it comes to hitting the back of the net
Welcome to the forum :thumbup:
Yes welcome mate. Have a peek at our members map.

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=26094 ... oad&add=1#
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders