Is there a Plan B

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Is there a Plan B

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Very disappointed after yesterday’s result, and to be honest with other recent results. Where do we go to redress the situation ? The commentator on SKY yesterday said we are looking at getting Che Adams in and if this fails we were looking at several other options, I believe he said 4. Bielsa is a remarkable man and is a true visionary but he has his flaws such as sticking with the same players and the same tactics, teams are seeing through our tactics now. It’s ten days before our next game hopefully we will see the return of Roberts, Berardi, Douglas and Forshaw ( our very own version of Lord Lucan ) So my learned friends how do we turn this around ?
Deleted User 3289

Re: Is there a Plan B

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Very disappointed after yesterday’s result, and to be honest with other recent results. Where do we go to redress the situation ? The commentator on SKY yesterday said we are looking at getting Che Adams in and if this fails we were looking at several other options, I believe he said 4. Bielsa is a remarkable man and is a true visionary but he has his flaws such as sticking with the same players and the same tactics, teams are seeing through our tactics now. It’s ten days before our next game hopefully we will see the return of Roberts, Berardi, Douglas and Forshaw ( our very own version of Lord Lucan ) So my learned friends how do we turn this around ?
I remember the media questioning Guardiola's methods in his first season. He said he would rather quit than change. Then he went on and spent over a Billion quid in the transfer market. People talk about a plan b, looking at the bench yesterday i say what do you have in mind? Plan A is working fine up to sticking the ball in the net. Its been said a million times if we wasn't creating chances it would be a matter for concern. What we needed in the summer was a recruitment drive to match our ambitions, unfortunately imo we didn't get it and i think we are weaker and now its starting to show on the bench. Even with Roberts, Berardi, Douglas and Forshaw on the bench would it be enough? If Bielsa made it clear he didn't want anymore players after stating he had got the best out of this squad in failing to achieve his goals last season... then i will eat my hat.

Our one striker is going thru one of those baron spells again and he looks short of confidence, its his main job and he's not doing it very well at the mo. He needs help from the whole team but will we ever score from a set-piece again? that's a side of MB that he wasn't prepared for in the English game, think back to the season with Monk and how many times we got out of jail from set-pieces with Bartley & Pontus presence. If we don't score from open play we don't score at all.

Lets see what the next few weeks bring.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I would be very worried if we actually deserved to lose these games but in all honesty, I don't think we have. I don't claim to be in the know but the only people saying an Adams deal is still 'on' seem to be Sky, who claim that that's what Orta has said. Crux of the matter for me is that a lot of fans seem to be convinced that Radrizzani etc are deliberately aiming to not bring anyone new in or they're doing their best to scupper any potential deal. They're possibly the same ilk as those who blame the club for Swansea reneging on the deal for James. There's mention now on another forum of Josh Windass coming in.

It's all very odd!
Deleted User 3289

No i agree. In the games i have seen in large we have been the better team in all of them. If we are looking for a specific player based on statistics then it didn't do its job with Eddie. I just think we need to act more decisively in the market instead of being so specific. I see the lad Brewster got off the mark yesterday.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I’m not panicking at the moment let’s be honest West Brom aren’t all that. Makes me smile we’ve known for over 4 months that the window would open in January so why aren’t we prepared ? Poor old Bamford seems to be getting a lot of stick which is unfair imho. What about Helder Costa isn’t it time he showed some consistency ? The last 2 years we’ve seen some wonderful football under Bielsa long may it continue.

Que Sera, Sera
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

NottinghamWhite wrote:I’m not panicking at the moment let’s be honest West Brom aren’t all that. Makes me smile we’ve known for over 4 months that the window would open in January so why aren’t we prepared ? Poor old Bamford seems to be getting a lot of stick which is unfair imho. What about Helder Costa isn’t it time he showed some consistency ? The last 2 years we’ve seen some wonderful football under Bielsa long may it continue.

Que Sera, Sera
Its that what baffles us all NW.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Our play on occasions is sublime, but we are poor in the 2x 10% of the pitch that is most important. We have compromised our ability to score and defend for the style we play. I personally think we’d be better with 2 strong physical centre backs & an out and out centre forward. Clearly that would compromise our style, maybe mean we would have to defend a little more, but maybe make us more ruthless. It’s never going to happen with bielsa in charge, but I suspect it would be the first thing a new manager would do if appointed tomorrow, not that I want that to happen.

As regards a plan b - bielsas response would be do plan A better.
EastYorkie
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by EastYorkie »

Is there a Plan B - No is the quick answer.

At this stage of the season, we are stuck with the Bielsa's system and the players we have. The only short coming is not the system but the quality of the individual players. They are just slightly lacking from taking the league by storm but they all make mistakes and a little bit too often. You can pick on all the players from Bamford through to Kiko - Bamford and Phillips were the main culprits yesterday.

I've never felt that the squad has what it takes on a talent basis to get automatic promotion. I always assumed we were a top six side and it would be a close run thing, coming down to the last game of the season. It's going to be an absolute battle from this stage forward.

I think that the fact it is going to be a battle in every game now, doesn't help us one little bit. Some of our players are not battlers - again another weakness. Here i'm thinking about the likes of Klich, Costa, Hernandez - trouble is these are the guys with a bit of flair and creativity and we need them too.

Recruitment of a top class striker helps but it is just one step in the right direction. As others have said, we need a top class midfielder (or more likely two) and a top class winger to make sure we are covered in the Harrison/Costa department.

At this stage, we can't go out and just recruit everything thats needed because of the FFP rules and all that. I don't want to get into FFP because thats a whole big story in its own right.

Unfortunately, we are where we are and we just have to see the season out and hope the players can step up and cut out the silly mistakes just enough to get promotion. If we don't go up then it will definitely be a Plan B time because Bielsa will probably bow out gracefully and hand the baton onto someone else.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Another Northern Soul wrote:I would be very worried if we actually deserved to lose these games but in all honesty, I don't think we have. I don't claim to be in the know but the only people saying an Adams deal is still 'on' seem to be Sky, who claim that that's what Orta has said. Crux of the matter for me is that a lot of fans seem to be convinced that Radrizzani etc are deliberately aiming to not bring anyone new in or they're doing their best to scupper any potential deal. They're possibly the same ilk as those who blame the club for Swansea reneging on the deal for James. There's mention now on another forum of Josh Windass coming in.

It's all very odd!
Sorry Rob, when you miss a penalty and a couple of really good chances, you deserve to lose. There have been other games when I agree with you.
I once played against Don Revie.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

johnh wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:I would be very worried if we actually deserved to lose these games but in all honesty, I don't think we have. I don't claim to be in the know but the only people saying an Adams deal is still 'on' seem to be Sky, who claim that that's what Orta has said. Crux of the matter for me is that a lot of fans seem to be convinced that Radrizzani etc are deliberately aiming to not bring anyone new in or they're doing their best to scupper any potential deal. They're possibly the same ilk as those who blame the club for Swansea reneging on the deal for James. There's mention now on another forum of Josh Windass coming in.

It's all very odd!
Sorry Rob, when you miss a penalty and a couple of really good chances, you deserve to lose. There have been other games when I agree with you.
Not sure that's fair. I was at the game and although we lacked cutting edge, neither side had any clear chances and we were better across the 90. QPR got a lucky goal, and Casilla only had to make one easy save. Eze did look like a quality player though.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’