Negativity

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Negativity

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Gaz109 wrote:Can’t see anything to be positive about, sorry. Bielsa’s decision to stick with Bamford no matter what is costing us dearly. According to Sky Bamford has missed six (6) clear chances against Wigan this afternoon and yet Augustin not even in the squad. Teams have Bielsa fathomed out and know exactly what to do against us. Unless Bamford is dropped it’s negative all the way to the end of the season.
Bamford was poor yesterday, very poor IMO, but he wasn't the only one. He wasn't poor on Tuesday night though so Bielsa's decision to stick with him isn't costing us dearly, and are people really saying he should have been dropped yesterday?
This type of viewpoint annoys me (not attacking you personally but this general view from a lot of fans bugs me). Bamford WAS poor on Tuesday, just because he scored two from a yard out doesn't mean he played well. In the first half he missed some GREAT chances. Second half he missed another but got two good chances and actually put them away for a change. His good chance conversion ratio in that game was still terrible when you look at the strikers of the other top half teams.

People see a goal and think the player must have played well, or that somebody hasn't scored and think they were poor. Klich for example, was excellent that game, he did miss a very good chance to kill the game late on but other than that was faultless all game, creating and really taking the game to QPR. But people see that one miss and will say he is poor. Yet see Bamfords two goals, for get about all the misses and say he had a good game.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Gaz109 wrote:Can’t see anything to be positive about, sorry. Bielsa’s decision to stick with Bamford no matter what is costing us dearly. According to Sky Bamford has missed six (6) clear chances against Wigan this afternoon and yet Augustin not even in the squad. Teams have Bielsa fathomed out and know exactly what to do against us. Unless Bamford is dropped it’s negative all the way to the end of the season.
Bamford was poor yesterday, very poor IMO, but he wasn't the only one. He wasn't poor on Tuesday night though so Bielsa's decision to stick with him isn't costing us dearly, and are people really saying he should have been dropped yesterday?
This type of viewpoint annoys me (not attacking you personally but this general view from a lot of fans bugs me). Bamford WAS poor on Tuesday, just because he scored two from a yard out doesn't mean he played well. In the first half he missed some GREAT chances. Second half he missed another but got two good chances and actually put them away for a change. His good chance conversion ratio in that game was still terrible when you look at the strikers of the other top half teams.

People see a goal and think the player must have played well, or that somebody hasn't scored and think they were poor. Klich for example, was excellent that game, he did miss a very good chance to kill the game late on but other than that was faultless all game, creating and really taking the game to QPR. But people see that one miss and will say he is poor. Yet see Bamfords two goals, for get about all the misses and say he had a good game.
I have played enough football and watched enough Leeds games and strikers in my time to know when I think someone has had a good game. It's clear you don't like Bamford being praised by anyone on here, and that's fair enough, opinions differ all the time, but I wasn't just looking at his two simple goals but his all-round play and pressing, to the finish, the millwall defenders. Not sure why you get annoyed at people having different opinions on PB, the whole team played well in that second half and Bamford was crucial in that. And then he ruined it all v Wigan :thumbdown:
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

HalifaxWhite wrote:

I have played enough football and watched enough Leeds games and strikers in my time to know when I think someone has had a good game. It's clear you don't like Bamford being praised by anyone on here, and that's fair enough, opinions differ all the time, but I wasn't just looking at his two simple goals but his all-round play and pressing, to the finish, the millwall defenders. Not sure why you get annoyed at people having different opinions on PB, the whole team played well in that second half and Bamford was crucial in that. And then he ruined it all v Wigan :thumbdown:
I have had his back all season because of his work rate and will still support him when I'm in the ground. However I have just got to the point recently where I have had enough of his wasteful finishing. The final straw for me was the QPR game as I saw him shoot with the least effort and passion I have ever seen a ball hit at Elland Road, like he just could not be bothered as he knew it wasn't going in. It feels like there are some people who are just too happy to accept it even when away from the ground. Like I said I wasn't having a go at you or anything but just feel he needs to be out of the team ASAP as he is letting us down in the exact same way he did last year. Last year at the end of the season people said if we had a clinical striker we would have been up as he missed a lot in the final part of the season, it appears they may be saying the same again this year unless Big Kev gets a chance when he's up to speed.

I have not problem with people praising him when he does do good, I really hope he proves me wrong and you and others can heap a tonne of praise on him. but the two tap-in's in that game are not enough for me. From my view in that game, first half he was poor, yes he pressed and rushed defenders, but he missed several chances. Work as hard as you want if you miss clear chances as a striker that is poor, effort is a bare minimum. Second half he improved, I think he missed another though, but he did put two away, he continued to press and work hard. The balance of the full 90 I would say he still had a poor game. Just my opinion.

What I am struggling with is if you look at Mitrovic for example, he creates goals for himself sometimes and tends to bury and clear chances. That is what a striker in a promotion team should do. Bamford occasionally creates himself a chance by harrying the defence like the other week, then goes and blazes it over, and misses some created for him for good measure. He needs to be able to get a goal out of nothing every now and again, that would really boost his confidence.

Anyway enough of that. Chest clear. He is starting the next few games until JKA is fit so COME ON BAMFORD prove me wrong.

MOT
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

My thoughts too.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:

I have had his back all season because of his work rate and will still support him when I'm in the ground. However I have just got to the point recently where I have had enough of his wasteful finishing. The final straw for me was the QPR game as I saw him shoot with the least effort and passion I have ever seen a ball hit at Elland Road, like he just could not be bothered as he knew it wasn't going in. It feels like there are some people who are just too happy to accept it even when away from the ground. Like I said I wasn't having a go at you or anything but just feel he needs to be out of the team ASAP as he is letting us down in the exact same way he did last year. Last year at the end of the season people said if we had a clinical striker we would have been up as he missed a lot in the final part of the season, it appears they may be saying the same again this year unless Big Kev gets a chance when he's up to speed.

I have not problem with people praising him when he does do good, I really hope he proves me wrong and you and others can heap a tonne of praise on him. but the two tap-in's in that game are not enough for me. From my view in that game, first half he was poor, yes he pressed and rushed defenders, but he missed several chances. Work as hard as you want if you miss clear chances as a striker that is poor, effort is a bare minimum. Second half he improved, I think he missed another though, but he did put two away, he continued to press and work hard. The balance of the full 90 I would say he still had a poor game. Just my opinion.

What I am struggling with is if you look at Mitrovic for example, he creates goals for himself sometimes and tends to bury and clear chances. That is what a striker in a promotion team should do. Bamford occasionally creates himself a chance by harrying the defence like the other week, then goes and blazes it over, and misses some created for him for good measure. He needs to be able to get a goal out of nothing every now and again, that would really boost his confidence.

Anyway enough of that. Chest clear. He is starting the next few games until JKA is fit so COME ON BAMFORD prove me wrong.

MOT
Right, first off, I don't care whether you are having a go at me personally or not, but you have referred to me personally a few times about this. Now if you could be bothered to read my various comments on Bamford, you'd understand I'm hardly his biggest fan yet continue to point out that I defended him for having a decent game v Millwall, specifically the second half of that game. The fact that I think 17 people on here, NOT me BTW ;), voted for him as MOTM, suggests that plenty disagree with you for that match. Why not just accept that some people who also analyse games and performances in depth, disagree with your opinion rather than disrespect them all?
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Bamford has become the focus point for many Leeds fans across the fan spectrum whether you're a fan in or out of the stadium. Some of it is harsh and some is not.

I haven't been to Elland Road for about nine years or so now and i dislike the chanting in the ground against players which some of our fans do at the slightest mess up the player does. I'm not saying all fans do it but there are some who just can't help themselves to just do it for the sake of moaning while others may do the proper sounds of frustration when someone misses a golden opportunity but get back to the game soon afterwards.

I support the team as a whole regardless of my frustrations at Bamford or any other player who is under performing TO MY EXPECTATIONS, and this is what it all comes down to..... were all frustrated because were such a huge and passionate club with so much potential. We're in desperate need of the premiership for far too long our patience is over-running our emotions. I too get emotional and frustrated with it all at times and over indulge in expressing the negativeness, but that's when i take time away from sites like this and others to look at real life stuff as it's more important than football.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

There is little or no negativity in the ground, this is because we generally play positive football and dominate possession. As regards scapegoats and Bamford, I would even go so far to say that, he is arguably the best supported misfiring player we’ve had on our books. Overall the players seldom give less than 100% and this is appreciated.

There is sometimes a degree of anxiety which can transmit to the players, bourn out of our collective desire to succeed, which increases when we see numerous chances go begging. What is palpable is the nervousness when we concede a corner and the sense of inevitability that nothing will come from it when we are awarded one.

Off the pitch we are all entitled to debate, that’s the purpose of forums like this.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

It is difficult discussion and everyone has their views, but we cant put it all on Bamford also. Yes he has missed to many changes and has very bad confidence currently. But I see this as a team problem also. Noone else is backing him by scoring also. Our next best is Harrisson with 5 goals, but I saw a tweet not sure if correct but that stated our second highest goal scorer is own goals. Our other attackers must bring down the pressure also from him and let him be more confident. Must see the bigger picture.

We lose and win as team, lets not be team that relyes or blames on individuals.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

saihtam wrote:
We lose and win as team, lets not be team that relyes or blames on individuals.
:thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

ANS I reread our whole thread and feel it all got a bit out of hand and maybe that started form my initial statement of how it annoys me when people say that. In hindsight, a poor choice of words from me that obviously got your back up so apologies for that. I wasn't disrespecting all who voted for PB as motm or even you, I only mentioned you as it was in direct response to your comment. I do understand people have other views and I can accept that all I was trying to do was express a counter to a seemingly popular view of only looking for the good points and seemingly overlooking the bad. Mainly because a lot of those people who do that with PB (not necessarily you) then point out every little negative with every other player in the team. I see a lot of PB backers slating Klich who for me is one of our most consistent performers. The odd off day but usually at least a 7/10 and sometimes a 9. Just venting that in the wrong direction I suppose.

A balanced view takes in both sides but then of course we do all see things slightly differently.

Anyway onwards we move and hopefully upwards.