Orta charged for tunnel abuse

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Orta charged for tunnel abuse

Post by phil62 »

I saw this on FB and posted that I thought it was right that he was charged and that you should not subject refs to personal abuse even when they get it wrong as England clearly had on Tuesday. My point was it sets a terrible example for kids/parents playing on a Sunday morning. Well I received xxxx load of abuse to say the least.

The conspiracy theorists were out in force of course saying Leeds are victimised - something I think is utter rubbish.

I can't imagine Bielsa doing it and one of the best things he has brought to his players is honesty and integrity because clearly he doesn't like gamesmanship. I feel Orta has let himself down here. They call it passion, but does passion excuse bad manners?

Discuss
Last edited by Another Northern Soul on 01 Feb 2020, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bad language
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Orta charged for tunnel abuse

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Rightly or wrongly it shows Orta has passion for the club. Some of those first half decisions on Tuesday were nothing short of a joke. Why aren’t the EFL looking closer at the poor standard of refs in the Championship ? I’m sure Orta will receive a hefty fine for this.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Agree that it’s wrong from VO can see a fine and a couple of games touch line ban. I also agree Tuesdays officiating was shocking. Off the top of my head there was :-

* The ball going out of play prior to their penalty
* Their keeper time wasting
* The save their keeper made resulting in a goal kick
* Foul on Pablo on the edge of the box, waved play on despite ball going away from the area
* Gave us a corner but because the Millwall players go mad, he gives a goal kick
* Hernandez booked for one tackle after so many against him went unpunished
* A push on Bamford as clear as day but nothing given
* At least 3 probable yellow cards for Woods, at least he did receive one
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Orta was simply doing/saying what the rest of us were doing in the stands, I certainly won’t be having a go at Orta for it that is for sure.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I'm pleased the people running our club are passionate but yes in the cold light of day it was wrong. The decisions in the first half were a total joke. I'd love to be able to say I've always shown restraint but sometimes in the spur of the momment you lose it. Not condoning his actions at all but pleased with his passion.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

One match stadium bans issued to Orta & Mooney, a long with fines of £2,000 and £700 respectively.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hmmm ... I think he came across well in the Amazon doc but then everybody did - it was a PR fluff piece IMHO and not really worth watching for the three or four episodes they gave us. The whole thing could've been edited to an hour and had exactly the same content : lots of Orta stressing, lots of Rad schmoozing and speaking business BS and diddly squat of Bielsa.
He did seem to care. They all did. But Orta's recruitment has been no better or worse than most DoF's employed today.

I would prefer to see someone more focused on the first team than the future, especially as we appear set to be promoted. That's got to be the priority. I would also like Bielsa to have a say in the selection process. I'm sure he'll have worked with one or two people that he could recommend who know how he works first-hand and what he looks for in a player.

I like the continental approach. The big Euro clubs have pools of talent waiting to be snapped up. We should take advantage, even if they're loanees.