Positivity

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Positivity

Post by johnh »

Just finished off a bottle of red with my evening meal. It has triggered something in my brain that has stimulated the bolshie segment and come up with the following post.
I am POSITIVE that Bamford will not score a hat-trick against Forest. (I will not be embarrassed in the slightest if he does, in fact I will be over the moon!) :D :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Just finished off a bottle of red with my evening meal. It has triggered something in my brain that has stimulated the bolshie segment and come up with the following post.
I am POSITIVE that Bamford will not score a hat-trick against Forest. (I will not be embarrassed in the slightest if he does, in fact I will be over the moon!) :D :thumbup:

"Segment" is the key word in that post.

I think the segment is the non-Bolshie bit, John :crazy:
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Selby White wrote:Seeing we have a negativity thread thought I'd start a Positivity one for those of us that prefer to look on the bright side.

Personally win or lose I love what we have at the club with MB and his coaching team.
Must add its great having a group of players that are prepared to work their socks off every game.

And of course some of the best football we've seen for years in my opinion.
Nice
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Here is my positive as I started the negative thread.

Love the style of play, amazing to watch, love how we play to the last minute and snatch late wins and draws.
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

One more thing.

I know some have their negative views on the owner and I do too but as this is the positive thread.

He isn't Cellino, GFH or Bates! That in my opinion is positive.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:Seeing we have a negativity thread thought I'd start a Positivity one for those of us that prefer to look on the bright side.

Personally win or lose I love what we have at the club with MB and his coaching team.
Must add its great having a group of players that are prepared to work their socks off every game.

And of course some of the best football we've seen for years in my opinion.
Nice
It sure is :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Just finished off a bottle of red with my evening meal. It has triggered something in my brain that has stimulated the bolshie segment and come up with the following post.
I'll take it you think he will get four :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Expectations are now such that being 2nd in the championship is seen as a negative!

How we play has vastly changed from just 2 years ago. No one doubts that on our day we can beat anyone in this league, and how we played first half against Arsenal, a lot in the premier league - you couldn't have said that just two years ago.

We are 1 point from top, 16 games to go. Still plenty of time left.

We are 8 points ahead of where Sunderland were in 2006-07 and they went on to win the title ....
We are 5 points ahead of where Stoke were in 2007-08 and they went up automatically ....
Or 4 points ahead of Norwich in 2010-11 who went up second or Reading in 2011-12 who went up as Champions.

In the 15 years of the Championship 10 teams have gone up automatically (3 as Champions, 7 as runners up) whilst having 55 or less points at the 30 game stage. That's one in three.

This year is not last year, this year is our year.
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Nic wrote:Expectations are now such that being 2nd in the championship is seen as a negative!

How we play has vastly changed from just 2 years ago. No one doubts that on our day we can beat anyone in this league, and how we played first half against Arsenal, a lot in the premier league - you couldn't have said that just two years ago.

We are 8 points ahead of where Sunderland were in 2006-07 and they went on to win the title ....
We are 5 points ahead of where Stoke were in 2007-08 and they went up automatically ....
Or 4 points ahead of Norwich in 2010-11 who went up second or Reading in 2011-12 who went up as Champions.

In the 15 years of the Championship 10 teams have gone up automatically (3 as Champions, 7 as runners up) whilst having 55 or less points at the 30 game stage. That's one in three.

Very well said
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

Nic wrote:Expectations are now such that being 2nd in the championship is seen as a negative!

:clap: :clap: TOTALLY AGREE :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have a target of 88 points, which IMHO WILL get us promoted.

If we manage to get a couple of draws in our next 2 matches (against arguably 2 of 3 of the nearest rivals) and then go on a healthy WINNING streak,
we will once again be in the unenviable position of having the comfort of being able to drop points along the way, and still achieve Automatic Promotion.

There is an irrational fear that our nearest competitors will win all of their remaining matches,
and we all know that to be untrue.... they will all drop points along the way.
It's an old cliche, but very apt in this league, this is a marathon, not a sprint.

#MOT