Positivity

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: Positivity

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Phillips to come back in. We miss his aggression and control.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Phillips to come back in. We miss his aggression and control.
Totally agree Vid :thumbup:

3pts from 3 games without him and that could easily have been lost.
Using that great skill of hindsight I wonder if we would have won more points with McCalmont in there. Not yet as good as Kalvin but would not disrupt the team as a straight swap.

Anyway onwards and upwards :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Hi Re: Positivity

Post by PhoenixUnited »

With the small squad we have it sorts out the men from the boys, the wheat from the chaff and other such cliches. We can work out who will help the team and drive it on and who are anchors.

Those that cannot be fit or stay fit should be earmarked for ditching in the close season. I am thinking of Forshaw and Roberts. You might fell sorry for their misfortune but it serves no useful purpose. Seems a pointless exercise to keep them on the books when they contribute so little to the cause.

Harsh I know but this is football
Keep The Faith / WAL
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Hi Re: Positivity

Post by HalifaxWhite »

PhoenixUnited wrote:With the small squad we have it sorts out the men from the boys, the wheat from the chaff and other such cliches. We can work out who will help the team and drive it on and who are anchors.

Those that cannot be fit or stay fit should be earmarked for ditching in the close season. I am thinking of Forshaw and Roberts. You might fell sorry for their misfortune but it serves no useful purpose. Seems a pointless exercise to keep them on the books when they contribute so little to the cause.

Agree with this but this is the positive thread haha. Try ending with, the we could use that money to invest in the squad :lol:
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

The last 15 games of the season, we will all see why Kalvin Phillips will soon play for England!
And Ben White will find his pre-Christmas form.
MyNameIsMark
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by MyNameIsMark »

Let's just call this a wobble. All it takes is a couple of good results, a boost in confidence & things are looking up again.

Saying "they've sussed out how Bielsa likes us to play" is too easy for me. We've been playing like this for almost 2 seasons now. I think it's pretty obvious to the trained eye.
Didn't we play Arsenal off the park for over 45 minutes a few weeks back? Not many Championship teams can say they've done that so I'm remaining positive.

Onward & upwards.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Hi Re: Positivity

Post by PhoenixUnited »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:With the small squad we have it sorts out the men from the boys, the wheat from the chaff and other such cliches. We can work out who will help the team and drive it on and who are anchors.

Agree with this but this is the positive thread haha. Try ending with, the we could use that money to invest in the squad :lol:
Well it’s looking on the bright side is it not? An opportunity to sort out the deadwood :D How much more of a clue do those in charge need?

Something will click in place and we will motor again I’m sure. Otherwise it’s no use getting out of bed :thumbup:
Keep The Faith / WAL
hashtagleedsunited

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

I have long been an advocate of positivity and the effect it can have on confidence and results.

At the present moment in the Championship....

1). We are in 2nd place
2). We have the 2nd best defence (in relation to goals against)
3). Our promotion rivals have spurned chances to take advantage of recent slip-ups, and they will continue to drop points.
4). We have the 4th best goals for
5). We have the experience of knowing exactly what not to do (following the implosion last season).
6). Forthcoming fixtures feature 9 of the 12 bottom-half sides
7). Of the teams currently in the top 7 Leeds have the best record against the bottom-half sides, averaging 2.27 points per game so far.
8). We have a good backup keeper if KC does not feature for a while.
9). PB once scored 6 goals in 8 matches pre Christmas, he might still hit 20 for this season. (and we have JKA as a preferential back-up or as a compliment)
10). We will achieve 88 points (or thereabouts) to ensure Automatic Promotion
11). The team believe in their ability to get promotion to the Premier League.
12). WE are Leeds United, so believe and achieve.

#MOT
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

hashtagleedsunited wrote:I have long been an advocate of positivity and the effect it can have on confidence and results.
Me too.

I've done a number of sports coaching courses and one of the things I was taught is been positive and encouraging improves performance.
Its relevant to all sports.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
hashtagleedsunited

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

Selby White wrote:
hashtagleedsunited wrote:I have long been an advocate of positivity and the effect it can have on confidence and results.
Me too.

I've done a number of sports coaching courses and one of the things I was taught is been positive and encouraging improves performance.
Its relevant to all sports.
Thats interesting, and I suppose it also applies in real life.... visualisation, faith, hope, positivity etc.....
I often wonder if PB (and any striker for that matter) should actually view clips of goals being scored, in an augmented virual reality setting type of thing...
to study aspects such as self-positioning, quirks of the opposition defence, and finishing....
I also believe that there's so much to learn from technology in football today, not just the statistics and data that we consume daily, (which is the managers role to coalesce all this into a tactical plot)
but also for individual players to learn and manifest.
e.g.
Look at the top strikers in the top leagues, see how the likes of Mitrovich & co actually position themselves and finish the goal scoring opportunities more often.
Visualisation is powerful :thumbup: