The Game podcast is essential listening today..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

The Game podcast is essential listening today..

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Big analysis on Bielsa, including someone who covered an 'exhausting' presser with him...
Deleted User 728

Re: The Game podcast is essential listening today..

More on us from Chris Sutton, Ian Wright and Mark whatsisname on the BBC Sport's Monday Night Club too.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Cheers for the links :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

Thanks Rigger - I'll listen tomorrow at work (probably depending on how tonight goes :D).
Deleted User 728

I don't know if the press conference was broadcast or if I even want to listen judging by what the journo said about it all.

***SPOILERS BELOW***

If you can't be arsed to listen to the podcast, in a nutshell Bielsa opened up about Nketiah and why he didn't pick him even though nobody even mentioned his name. In effect, it sounds like he was trying to justify or explain his methodology as to why he picks the team he does despite having more options. The reasons given were mainly fitness and adjusting to his style of play. The journalist said he felt exhausted at the end of the presser and quite down and negative about our chances of promotion, adding that if that's how he feels how must the players be feeling right now ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Cheers for the linky thingy ma bobs.
Winner of the Europa League
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

rigger wrote:I don't know if the press conference was broadcast or if I even want to listen judging by what the journo said about it all.
Phil Hay spoke about it on his podcast too - it seems to be a familiar theme with Bielsa lately that he's felt backlash from the fans / media and felt the need to justify his actions, often going off on a tangent (ie Nketiah). He's definitely not a happy man at the moment and even commented on it again in the press conference yesterday. Quote from Phil:
Bielsa isn't happy that so much was made of his long answers last Thursday. Thinks people made jokes about it and says he's just trying to provide as much detail in his answers as he can, so everyone knows exactly what he thinks.