Interesting

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: Interesting

Post by saihtam »

Playing bottom guys, who are in danger for relegatation are one of the most dangerous teams in the end of season. It will be hard definetly. Only benefit is that other top6 who play eachother lose points between themself.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Selby White wrote:
blackpool white wrote:who we play doesnt seem to make much difference.
It does when you read Nics figures above.

In theory the chances we get against lower/lesser players should be better (more prone to errors) while they shouldn't be as efficient in counter attacking.

I know should and shouldn't arn't facts but there is a reason some teams are at the top while others at the bottom.

Still underestimate nobody all can be dangerous on their day. Just lower teams don't produce as often.
I think it is the opposite to this (honestly I don't intentionally disagree with all your posts :lol: although it may seem that way).

Against the lower teams our chances are harder to score as they have more men behind the ball/in the box (I am pretty sure you have said that yourself in another thread) so surely that makes the chances harder. Against a better side they will see a bit of the ball, come forward at times and then leave space in behind for us to counter. Also it means we throw everyone forward to break a lower side down and leave ourselves open at the back for the counter against lower teams.

Just my opinion
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:
blackpool white wrote:who we play doesnt seem to make much difference.
It does when you read Nics figures above.

In theory the chances we get against lower/lesser players should be better (more prone to errors) while they shouldn't be as efficient in counter attacking.

I know should and shouldn't arn't facts but there is a reason some teams are at the top while others at the bottom.

Still underestimate nobody all can be dangerous on their day. Just lower teams don't produce as often.
I think it is the opposite to this (honestly I don't intentionally disagree with all your posts :lol: although it may seem that way).

Against the lower teams our chances are harder to score as they have more men behind the ball/in the box (I am pretty sure you have said that yourself in another thread) so surely that makes the chances harder. Against a better side they will see a bit of the ball, come forward at times and then leave space in behind for us to counter. Also it means we throw everyone forward to break a lower side down and leave ourselves open at the back for the counter against lower teams.

Just my opinion
Agree with that they do come with a get behind the ball plan but my point is lesser players are more prone to errors. If we don't score early it's about patience and wearing them down.
Good point I think you will agree is that we now have a bench that can hurt tired defenders.

Of course proof is in the pudding and we will know in May.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

One conclusion to be drawn is that, looking at the position we're currently in and the fixtures we've got left compared to the other contenders, we absolutely 'should' get promoted and it will be a bit of a failure if we don't.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Costy wrote:One conclusion to be drawn is that, looking at the position we're currently in and the fixtures we've got left compared to the other contenders, we absolutely 'should' get promoted and it will be a bit of a failure if we don't.
Agree with this.

One other thing that is certain is that when two contenders meet they can't both get three points. Yes we need to get results in most of ours but hope to be also watching the others destroy each other :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
TelfordLeeds
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by TelfordLeeds »

Last year's "failure" was mainly due to the run that Sheff Utd had at the end of the season. Even the Premier League are still trying to figure out how to beat virtually the same team. The last two games have been amongst the best performances of the season, the bench is far stronger (albeit we don't seem to use it much), none of the teams below us seems able to put a consistent run together and our run in is the "easiest". Win our home games (Fulham being the hardest but don't travel well) and pick up points away and we will be in the promised land. The one player we can't afford to lose again is Phillips - must be the best player in the division by a country mile. Would we have taken the current position at the start of the season? Yes we would - MOT
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Image
Nice graphic, and an easy read for a Leeds United fan :thumbup:

Of course, nothing in this league is to be taken for granted..... BUT

Of the teams currently in the top 7 Leeds have the best record against the bottom-half sides, averaging 2.27 points per game so far.

Forthcoming fixtures feature 9 of the 12 bottom-half sides

We have the 4th best goals for AND We have the 2nd best defence

We will achieve almost 88 points to ensure Automatic Promotion