Interesting

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Interesting

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Interesting

Post by ChilwellWhite »

If any the form book was anything to go by. I’m still convinced we will go up via the automatic spots. Couldn’t predict who will be the other team as I feel West Brom will blow it. Wonderfully unpredictable league, you have to love it.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Image
Our main issue though is usually against the teams in the bottom half. We seem to raise our game against teams in the top half while struggling to score or beat teams in the lower half. I do however think we will go on a good winning run now after our long blip and get promotion automatically.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Agree with CorkWhite, we are often more challenged by teams in the lower half. They tend not to try to take us on and we find it difficult to break down teams that keep 9 or 10 players in and around the box.

The good thing with that fixture list for the top 6 is they will take points off one another, blunting any one run.

Our April fixtures are what worry me most, none in the running for promotion (at the moment anyway);
Saturday 4th April - Blackburn Rovers (A)
Friday 10th April - Stoke City (H)
Monday 13th April - Swansea City (A)
Saturday 18th April - Barnsley (H)
Saturday 25th April- Derby County (A)

If we get 10 points here I think we’ll do well. If we get 12 we’ll be well on our way!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Last season we were worse against teams in the bottom.

However that's not the case this season, only 3 of our defeats are against teams in the bottom half. Possibly the best record against lower teams among the contenders.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Selby White wrote:Last season we were worse against teams in the bottom.

However that's not the case this season, only 3 of our defeats are against teams in the bottom half. Possibly the best record against lower teams among the contenders.
I'm sure I heard Sky saying that we did indeed have the best record in the Division v the bottom half teams.
Bodes well for the remainder of season :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

We have by far the easiest run in .... however the bottom 3 are invariably as dangerous as the top 3 in the last few games games. Sometimes you get lucky with timing as regards playing sides in / out of form. That said I get a feel we’ve had our dip and we’re due our lucky patch ... fingers crossed.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Selby White wrote:Last season we were worse against teams in the bottom.

W11D1L3 against bottom half teams. Five of the bottom six are yet to visit ER.

Last season it was W15D1L8 so not as bad as many people think. Won 9 games at home.

This season we have reading at home next weekend and Fulham to come in March, all our other home games are bottom 6 teams.
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

who we play doesnt seem to make much difference.

we will have 65-70$ create 20-30 chances and concede about 5 chances.....just depends how many we convert/defend
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

blackpool white wrote:who we play doesnt seem to make much difference.
It does when you read Nics figures above.

In theory the chances we get against lower/lesser players should be better (more prone to errors) while they shouldn't be as efficient in counter attacking.

I know should and shouldn't arn't facts but there is a reason some teams are at the top while others at the bottom.

Still underestimate nobody all can be dangerous on their day. Just lower teams don't produce as often.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.