Is this season different to last (some stats)

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Is this season different to last (some stats)

Post by Nic »

Is this the season we go up, is it better worse than last season? We are performing very similar to last season - a 7 game unbeaten run, followed by a slump and then a rise again.

Not sure, well looking at the points verses last season

If that doesn't seem too similar, lets look at the form. So taking Points Per Game based on 8 game averages over the two seasons

it's shocking how similar it is. If you delve even further e.g. 4-game based PPG (so greater affected by individual game results) even more so

Lets hope they've learnt from last seasons failings.
Nic

Re: Is this season different to last (some stats)

Post by Nic »

In case anyone wants to know how the league is doing, compared to last season

First diff is positional e.g. Luton in 24th is 12 points better than Ipswich was
Second diff is the difference based on teams. e.g.WBA in1st 9 points better than last season when they were in 4th spot.
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

YES (because this year we ARE getting promotion) :clap:

Thanks for the graphic..... every little helps lol

Although it needs updated after todays results.....

the main thing that stands out for me is that last season there were 3 pacesetters, this season there are 2 pacesetters.

The cream always rises to the top, so top 2 will do nicely for us
(although to be fair, to be crowned as winners would be the icing on a very large, welcome cake) :D
Nic

Post by Nic »

We need to learn from last year as many fear the cliff edge again.

There not being a Sheffield United form team is going to be a difference. Maybe Fulham are filling that role. Last season we got 13 points in the final ten games, this season 17 may be enough.
MyNameIsMark

Post by MyNameIsMark »

It'd be interesting to look back at the last 10 teams of the 2018-19 season & their respective positions compared to the ones we have to play this year.
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Our game against Fulham is the one that will probably be the defining one. Last season we lost at home against Sheff Utd and Norwich and SU overtook us. If we beat Fulham the gap to third will widen and we will be almost there, hoping of course that Forest don’t suddenly put a winning run together. It is definitely squeaky b** time!
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Love these stats and charts nic as I've said before stats is my bread and butter and these graphics are brilliant for showing the similarities in our seasons.

What I notice here, we are slightly worse off in terms of points but then third place are even more so.

Our dip this season lasted longer than last, hopefully that means our upturn will last to the end this time.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

It certainly looks like Fulham at ER will be the key game of our run in. A win would put us in a great position, a draw wouldn’t be a disaster, but defeat could well trigger a very nervous last few games.

Strangely, I don’t feel as threatened by Fulham as maybe Forest. Fulham have a very tough run of games coming up, and they’re by no means solid at the back. Forest look like the main threat to 2nd place, and Brentford and Preston look like they’ve left themselves too much to do now.

Still, if we can get ourselves above WBA, we have less to worry about. It’ll be them getting reeled in by the pack, not us!
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Otherworld wrote:It certainly looks like Fulham at ER will be the key game of our run in. A win would put us in a great position, a draw wouldn’t be a disaster, but defeat could well trigger a very nervous last few games.

Strangely, I don’t feel as threatened by Fulham as maybe Forest. Fulham have a very tough run of games coming up, and they’re by no means solid at the back. Forest look like the main threat to 2nd place, and Brentford and Preston look like they’ve left themselves too much to do now.

Still, if we can get ourselves above WBA, we have less to worry about. It’ll be them getting reeled in by the pack, not us!
I feel exactly the same, Forest for me are the threat not Fulham, Fulham have been patchy all year with no real run of form. Forest have actually put good runs together and could do so again now.
Palpatan

Post by Palpatan »

Our final 10 games of last season:

Won 4
Drew 1
Lost 5

Pts 13