Is this season different to last (some stats)

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Is this season different to last (some stats)

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

Palpatan wrote:Our final 10 games of last season:

Won 4
Drew 1
Lost 5

Pts 13
Final 10 games of the 2019/2020 season (subject to coronavirus permission)

Saturday 7th March Huddersfield Town

Sunday 15th March Cardiff City

Wednesday 18th March Fulham

Saturday 21st March Luton Town

Saturday 4th April Blackburn Rovers

Friday 10th April Stoke City

Monday 13th April Swansea City

Saturday 18th April Barnsley

Saturday 25th April Derby County

Saturday 2nd May Charlton Athletic

5 wins and 5 draws will give us 88 points and a goal difference of plus 31, giving us Automatic promotion :clap:

Realistically and honestly, does anyone believe that we will drop more than 10 points?

#MOT
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

After last season I will take one game at a time. If we are still 5 points ahead of Fulham and Forest I will be happy.

We are lucky that WBA and Fulham and some of the other chasing pack have matches against each other so hopefully they will take points off each other.

It would be great if Middlesbrough could get a result tonight as Forest have an easy run in.
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

gilesdriveby wrote:After last season I will take one game at a time. If we are still 5 points ahead of Fulham and Forest I will be happy.

We are lucky that WBA and Fulham and some of the other chasing pack have matches against each other so hopefully they will take points off each other.

It would be great if Middlesbrough could get a result tonight as Forest have an easy run in.
I agree that we should be taking one game at a time,
but we have the benefit of knowing what to do this season to avoid any implosion as we near the end of the season.

Whilst its beneficial to look over our shoulders,
we must remember that destiny is in our own hands,
and whilst not tempting fate,
others WILL drop points, and
we ARE going to do it this season.

We simply need to start believing :P
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

gilesdriveby wrote:After last season I will take one game at a time. If we are still 5 points ahead of Fulham and Forest I will be happy.

With luck the Trees fans will be saying the same, because there is no such thing as an easy run-in and they will struggle in matches, no doubt about it at all for me. They on balance deserved to beat us but they are not a good side and I think they will slip up. Hope so, I can't stand them :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:

With luck the Trees fans will be saying the same, because there is no such thing as an easy run-in and they will struggle in matches, no doubt about it at all for me. They on balance deserved to beat us but they are not a good side and I think they will slip up. Hope so, I can't stand them :lol:
Not sure Forests run in is that easy they have 6 teams in the top half of the table to play (Fulham, Preston, Bristol City, Swansea, Wednesday & Millwall) all of whom will still have in the least play off ambitions, 3 teams in a relegation dog fight (Boro, Barnsley & Stoke) and their annual local cup final at Derby.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

gilesdriveby wrote:We are lucky that WBA and Fulham and some of the other chasing pack have matches against each other so hopefully they will take points off each other.
Fulham still have to play the other 4 top-5 sides, 3 of them away! If that was our run-in, I’d be very concerned...
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Boro 2 - 2 Forest. :clap:
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Otherworld wrote:Boro 2 - 2 Forest. :clap:
A lot of results are falling our way at the moment. Maybe the gods have willed it this time.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
A lot of results are falling our way at the moment. Maybe the gods have willed it this time.
Now you've said that you just know coronavirus is going to have this season cancelled.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

SiMamu wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Now you've said that you just know coronavirus is going to have this season cancelled.
That will be the EFL doing that. We'll be 8 points clear of 3rd, and final 2 games will get cancelled and EFL decree no promotions/relegations this season and start again next season.

Last season after we came out of the slump it was stop-start by winning a couple and then losing one. If we can continue our run to when Fulham visit it could look more promising.