Is this season different to last (some stats)

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Is this season different to last (some stats)

Post by Nic »

Ater Forest drawing tonight, they are looking less of a threat. If we W5L5 of the remaining games, puts us on 83. Fulham would need 20 and Forest 23 to catch us. We should lose less than 5 games, making it harder for the teams below us to catch us.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Nic wrote:Image

Ater Forest drawing tonight, they are looking less of a threat. If we W5L5 of the remaining games, puts us on 83. Fulham would need 20 and Forest 23 to catch us. We should lose less than 5 games, making it harder for the teams below us to catch us.
Love these stats, I think we are on course for an automatic place but we Leeds fans know only too well to take each game as it comes. This has to be our best opportunity to get promoted and these stats are a good indicator as to how far we've come under Bielsa's leadership.

We have Six home games left and four away games

Home games include: My predictions:

Huddersfield = 17th 3 points
Fulham = 3rd 1 point
Luton = 24th 3 points
Stoke = 21st 3 points
Barnsley = 23rd 3 points
Charlton = 20th 1 point

Away games include:

Cardiff = 11th 0 points (I hate them with a passion)
Blackburn = 8th 1 point
Swansea = 9th 1 point
Derby = 13th 0 points

I can see why people are saying we have an easier run in than everyone else, I think this is mainly to do with the home games starting with Huddersfield this Saturday. From my predictions i have us getting 16 points from our remaining games (84 in total), Is that enough? I hope we can win them all but Cardiff, Derby and to a certain extent Huddersfield and Barnsley always seem to raise their games as its their cup final so to speak so we could find those matches difficult. Fulham will be on our tales and will be up for the match against us so that could go either way. Scott Parker has a real dislike for Leeds so lets see if our guys can hold it together against them.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

CorkWhite wrote:
Nic wrote:
Love these stats, I think we are on course for an automatic place but we Leeds fans know only too well to take each game as it comes. This has to be our best opportunity to get promoted and these stats are a good indicator as to how far we've come under Bielsa's leadership.

Fulham = 3rd 1 point
Luton = 24th 3 points
Stoke = 21st 3 points
Barnsley = 23rd 3 points
Charlton = 20th 1 point

Away games include:

Blackburn = 8th 1 point
Swansea = 9th 1 point
Derby = 13th 0 points

I can see why people are saying we have an easier run in than everyone else, I think this is mainly to do with the home games starting with Huddersfield this Saturday. From my predictions i have us getting 16 points from our remaining games (84 in total), Is that enough? I hope we can win them all but Cardiff, Derby and to a certain extent Huddersfield and Barnsley always seem to raise their games as its their cup final so to speak so we could find those matches difficult. Fulham will be on our tales and will be up for the match against us so that could go either way. Scott Parker has a real dislike for Leeds so lets see if our guys can hold it together against them.
Thanks. Your predictions put us on 84, which might be enough, however I do think you are being a bit pessimistic. Cardiff are the draw kings, W8D8 at home, so we could well at least get a point there. Swansea I fancy us winning, but that's Easter weekend so could well be a match that depicts how our final games will look like, but they've won 1 game in the last 8 and that was against Huddersfield.
Deleted User 5081

Nic wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
Nic wrote:

Fulham = 3rd 1 point
Luton = 24th 3 points
Stoke = 21st 3 points
Barnsley = 23rd 3 points
Charlton = 20th 1 point

Away games include:

Blackburn = 8th 1 point
Swansea = 9th 1 point
Derby = 13th 0 points

Thanks. Your predictions put us on 84, which might be enough, however I do think you are being a bit pessimistic. Cardiff are the draw kings, W8D8 at home, so we could well at least get a point there. Swansea I fancy us winning, but that's Easter weekend so could well be a match that depicts how our final games will look like, but they've won 1 game in the last 8 and that was against Huddersfield.
me being pessimistic? now in your original post you said 5 wins five losses right? and a total of 15 points? I gave us more points so who is being more pessimistic :D but i hear what your saying. I just think it's never as easy as we think or as hard as we think when predicting results. No one has a time machine or a super car and joined Doc Emmet Brown and Marty McFly and brought back the so much sought after almanac of future results of games.

We are going to have some tougher than expected games and some easier than expected games, we're Leeds after-all and we never do it the easy way do we? I still believe we will get promoted if we hold it together over the tougher games and be patient with the lower table teams we will face.

MOT
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Earlier in season, lots of teams came to Elland Road for a point, and parked the bus with the intention of stopping us scoring. Some of them were successful.

I don’t think that’s going to happen much now. Although it’s always tough to play against a team scrapping against relegation, most of them will feel like they need to try to win games at this stage, and that may make it easier for us.

For different reasons, the Fulham game might be similar. They will probably feel that they need to beat us to stand a chance of getting ahead of us in the league...
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Otherworld wrote:Earlier in season, lots of teams came to Elland Road for a point, and parked the bus with the intention of stopping us scoring. Some of them were successful.

I don’t think that’s going to happen much now. Although it’s always tough to play against a team scrapping against relegation, most of them will feel like they need to try to win games at this stage, and that may make it easier for us.

For different reasons, the Fulham game might be similar. They will probably feel that they need to beat us to stand a chance of getting ahead of us in the league...
I think this is a great point... if you're Scott Parker, you have to chase the win and I think we're the best team in the league on the breakaway counter attack
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

I also think that mindset of many teams will change in the next 10 games.

Whilst it could be argued that they came to play a big club / cup final /etc regards to LUFC,
I personally believe that they will NOT raise their game to play us anymore (at least to the levels previously witnessed)
but instead they will focus their efforts on their other more winable matches, thus leaving it easier for us to win or draw.
Fulham being the notable exception, but from our viewpoint, we should seek to reinforce our higher standing with such wannabees :thumbup:

We should develop that "Fortress" mindset once again, making our defense more impenetrable, and many clubs will be glad to see the back of us,
as we journey our way back to the promised land. :wave:

#MOT
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Otherworld wrote:Earlier in season, lots of teams came to Elland Road for a point, and parked the bus with the intention of stopping us scoring. Some of them were successful.

Fulham play Bristol City & Brentford before us so would think those results may dictate whether they are looking at automatic or hanging on for play offs (they also have us, West Brom & Forest to come).

Likewise our next two are not certs, Udders in their Cup final and we all know Cardiff isn't the best place for us to go. Get over the next 3 games unscathed and the fat lady won't be singing but she may be selecting her stage outfit. :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Selby White wrote:

Fulham play Bristol City & Brentford before us so would think those results may dictate whether they are looking at automatic or hanging on for play offs (they also have us, West Brom & Forest to come).

Likewise our next two are not certs, Udders in their Cup final and we all know Cardiff isn't the best place for us to go. Get over the next 3 games unscathed and the fat lady won't be singing but she may be selecting her stage outfit. :D
Couldn’t agree more - Huddersfield hitting a bit of form & Cardiff hitting long throws on our keeper will be proper tests. Interesting view from Otherworld. I’m always wary of playing struggling sides in the latter part of the season, However their need for 3 points may play a little into our hands. Let’s just take it one game at a time boys.
Deleted User 5081

in truth though my fellow leeds fans, isn't it absolutely fantastic to be at where we're at....

For how many years now we've been a mid table team only dreaming of being able to get into the play-off's never mind an automatic spot. We could only dream about what it would be like to get a chance like we have now. We watched teams that were considered tier 3 or tier 4 surpass us on their way to the promised land while we struggled to get wins. I have to say personally it has been a very tough time being a Leeds fan over the years but this is the moment we have been aspiring towards.

We blew it last year as Selby White's fat lady choked while changing her dress and wouldn't sing for us, but this year does feel different. As others have said all we need to do is get over the next three games, assess how we are then and how others are in the table and if we are in good stead we can then focus on winning the title rather than just getting the automatic place. The league is in our hands as it stands. Come on you white's!!!