Parking at Elland Road

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Pidge1969
Terry Venables's car dealer

Parking at Elland Road

Post by Pidge1969 »

Hello can anyone tell me where there is close reasonably priced parking close to the ground?
Any advice would be welcome it’s for the game next Sat v Huddersfield.
Cheers MOT
Mark
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Parking at Elland Road

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Guess it depends which way you're coming from, but I always use the park & ride. Nice and easy to get to from the M621 and then straight back on after the game and costs £6. There are a few unofficial car parks I pass on Elland Road that cost about the same, all within a 5 minute walk to the ground. I just prefer parking in marked bays rather than waste ground.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Pidge1969

Post by Pidge1969 »

Thanks for the info. I’m actually staying at the Ibis in Leeds and will drive from there to the ground at lunchtime around 2pm. The park and ride seems a good option and after I need to get on the motorway to travel back to Cambridge so will need to get on the motorway.
Is there always spaces at the park and ride on match days?
Cheers
Mark
BrighouseWhite

Post by BrighouseWhite »

I don't usually have any problem but it can get full quickly because some of it is closed due to building work. Also any Hudds fans coming by car will probably use the park and ride as it's the direction they'll be coming from, so may get full quicker than usual.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Pidge1969

Post by Pidge1969 »

Ok thanks for the info very useful
Pidge1969

Post by Pidge1969 »

What time do you usually get there?
BrighouseWhite

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Pidge1969 wrote:What time do you usually get there?
Usually at least an hour before kick off to make sure I get a space. But I only really get to midweek games and it's not often they are local derbies. I do have a habit of sitting in the car for a while and listen to the build up on the radio
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

As of the reduced council parking areas, to get into these you often need to get a couple of hours before the game. Sometimes I have to use these depending on who taking to the game. Otherwise I park in streets around Old Lane and walk. You need to get there at least an hour early but often you walk back to your car faster than traffic is moving, so quicker to get home.

There is the Premier Inn, so if next time you come up, consider staying there instead of in town, and you can walk from the hotel.

If you park in the Beeston area, then getting home would be via Middleton and East Ardsley back onto the M1.