When/if we go up.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

When/if we go up.

Post by Davycc »

When it eventually happens what fixture would be top of you wish list home or away in the premiership?

Me Home v Liverpool
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Re: When/if we go up.

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Always liked a trip to Everton and it would be good to go for one last time before they move home.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:Always liked a trip to Everton and it would be good to go for one last time before they move home.
Had my 18th birthday away at Everton a long time ago :D

For me I'm going for Crystal Palace away as its the only current Premier Club I've never visited (ok not done some of the new grounds like Spurs, Brighton, etc).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Sheffield United at home, Yorkshire derby to kick the season off and also to get some revenge for the when they beat us at Elland Road the last time.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

All of them, honestly, all of them.

I’ve completely had enough of this division, same old teams coming, same old away fans, same everything really. I, for one, cannot wait to get out of it.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Remember when I opened a thread about when we go up and it got locked as it was a 'jynx'
:?:

Everton as the wife is a toffee and of course Man U, great fixtures.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

HalifaxWhite wrote:Remember when I opened a thread about when we go up and it got locked as it was a 'jynx'
It's simple really if you bother to read the title and Davys opening post on this thread it's clear it's about when we go up and not season specific.

Your post was season specific done to coincide with our bad run. A few members saw it as a jinx (or even a poor WUM attempt), hence it was locked at the request of members until such time we are hopefully promoted.

Here it is -
http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5987
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Selby White wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:Remember when I opened a thread about when we go up and it got locked as it was a 'jynx'
It's simple really if you bother to read the title and Davys opening post on this thread it's clear it's about when we go up and not season specific.

Your post was season specific done to coincide with our bad run. A few members saw it as a jinx (or even a poor WUM attempt), hence it was locked at the request of members until such time we are hopefully promoted.

Here it is -
Hmm for somebody who is sensitive to the way things are written, having "..if you bother to read the title.." in the first line of your reply is quite antagonising.

But yes I did read the title and if you read the title of the very thread you have just quote it is called: "If we go up".....IF as opposed to When/If here.

I see no difference, no mention of it being this season in particular other than me mentioning the current squad in my post itself.

May you should have bothered to read the title of mine? :roll:

I was simply making a joke about it as you can see i also followed up with my opinion. I think my thread was actually locked as when I posted it our form dipped rather than it simply being based on the title of the post itself.

Selby it is clear you don't like me for something that happened on another thread a month or so ago, which I did also apologise for publicly as my wording was poor. I would much rather bury the hatchet and move on and have you responding to me as I do think you make very valid points on the post which are like to read. Instead of you choosing mostly to ignore anything I write (you actually said you were doing that) or responding in this sort of manner.

So I ask you here now can we move on from that first post which antagonised you and any subsequent ones between either way (as they have been on both sides) there after?

(tried to find a hand shake emoji but can't)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I gave you this explanation as part of the moderating team why your post was locked and not an individual.

I'll try again.

If you read your first post in the locked thread its clear its about this season squad.
Read on and you'll see a number of members (myself included) thinking it was a jinx.
The decision was made to lock it.

Davy's thread is about when we go up and his first post isn't specific about this season.

So I'll ask you what you want -
Do you feel your thread should be unlocked ?
Do you think Davy's thread should be locked ?

As moderators we do what we think best in the interests of all members even if occasionally some disagree with our decisions. They have usually been discussed and agreed by us all.

As a member the fact you call me sensitive comment along with your previous other accusations such notorious and melodramatic really just look like a sly dig. And yet you say you want to shake hands. :crazy:
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

Selby White wrote:

Here it is -
And if we go up, it is because you locked the thread.
And if we don’t go up, it is because the thread was made.

And this way superstition wins in any case. But then again: It has for thousands of years!

Let’s move on ;)