When/if we go up.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: When/if we go up.

Post by Selby White »

John Dane wrote:
Selby White wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:Remember when I opened a thread about when we go up and it got locked as it was a 'jynx'
:?:
It's simple really if you bother to read the title and Davys opening post on this thread it's clear it's about when we go up and not season specific.

Your post was season specific done to coincide with our bad run. A few members saw it as a jinx (or even a poor WUM attempt), hence it was locked at the request of members until such time we are hopefully promoted.

Here it is -
http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5987
And if we go up, it is because you locked the thread.
And if we don’t go up, it is because the thread was made.

And this way superstition wins in any case. But then again: It has for thousands of years!

Let’s move on ;)
Are you saying we shouldn't moderate the forum?

It was locked at the request of a number of members but HW suggests it personal which I've tried explain as a moderator.

Anyway I will take your point and unlock the thread as a gesture of goodwill.

I will also step back from moderating as don't want people accusing me of been personal when I'm just doing a voluntary job.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

So what happens if our form turns again? Will it be locked?

You will always get a range of views on any topic, and some won't like what is said sometimes. The idea of modding is when rules are broken, which at times can be subjective. There is no reason to step down as a mod, locking the thread could be considered as a bad judgment call, though some will say it was right at the time.

I used to mod several forums but don't anymore. Typically people become active regular members and often mods are chosen from this group. As you have more power,if people disagree with what you do it can be seen as an abuse of power. People may even accuse you likely to abuse your power, e.g. goad you, when they disagree with you as a mod. You can often find that once as a mod it can be better to post less, to seem "fair", but then that goes against why you was a member of the forum in the first place - to participate.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Nic, he said step back not step down - there's a big difference there.

The mod thing is a fine line.
I used to mod the Champ Manager Off-Topic Forum about 20 years ago and at the time it was the biggest message board in the UK bar none - I'm talking thousands of users, the vast majority of whom were young men.
There was a lot of mickey-taking about everything : football, politics, fashion, music, movies, women, drinking, etc and there were a few WUMs but like most good forums it was also self-policed a lot of the time, meaning the mods' jobs were easier than they are today.

The trouble with smaller user numbers is that it can feel a bit personal at times. Imagine being in a minibus, stuck with the same dozen people as compared to a train with several different carriages and hundreds of people.

I've had run-ins with people - most of the mods have at some point or other.
We'll do what we always do : judge the situation on merit and make decisions as and when they're needed.

For the moment, it's "move along, nothing to see here" time .. :)
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Selby White wrote:I gave you this explanation as part of the moderating team why your post was locked and not an individual.

I'll try again.

If you read your first post in the locked thread its clear its about this season squad.
Read on and you'll see a number of members (myself included) thinking it was a jinx.
The decision was made to lock it.

Davy's thread is about when we go up and his first post isn't specific about this season.

So I'll ask you what you want -
Do you feel your thread should be unlocked ?
Do you think Davy's thread should be locked ?

As moderators we do what we think best in the interests of all members even if occasionally some disagree with our decisions. They have usually been discussed and agreed by us all.

As a member the fact you call me sensitive comment along with your previous other accusations such notorious and melodramatic really just look like a sly dig. And yet you say you want to shake hands. :crazy:
Look the term sensitive is not meant to offend you really I'm just trying to express that I am not intending to offend and clearly we are just different with different views on what is offensive and provocative.

Yet again I have put it out there, first an apology and now a offer to move on and bury it but you can't accept. That is all my problem with you boils down to. Somebody who cannot simply move on from things. Don't get it.

Never said anything about your moderating and I was particularly saying about my thread being locked as I know other suggested locking it too. I was simply saying this is a very similar thread. My point also referred to your dig which was "if you bothered to read" You really are taking things far too personal.

Come on let's move on
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

What about them Leeds, eh? Good team...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

Can you both STFU and "move on".

If that's what you really want, do that rather than keep banging on about it and picking at the same old scabs, eh ??

_________________________________________________________________________________

That's the line.
It's drawn in metaphorical sand.

We'll leave it there, okay ?
Deleted User 728

KK, yeah - not bad at all that Leeds team :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:Can you both STFU and "move on".

If that's what you really want, do that rather than keep banging on about it and picking at the same old scabs, eh ??

_________________________________________________________________________________

That's the line.

Damn! Was just about to join in. I bought a new handbag especially for it.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sniffer wrote:
rigger wrote:Can you both STFU and "move on".

That's the line.

Damn! Was just about to join in. I bought a new handbag especially for it.
I was just about to emigrate. :roll:
I once played against Don Revie.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

When you have the BBC EFL Build Up putting up the following;

“Ten matches to go, six at Elland Road for Leeds - they're closing in on the Premier League.”

I know it’s true - thankfully, but it still causes a mild panic in me, seeing that written outside of a Leeds forum! Still feel anything like that could jinx it for us.

Back to the question - would love to take down Frank Lampard’s Chelsea home or away - preferably both :D .