Season Suspended

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Season Suspended

Post by isrodger »

Football & Coronavirus - quite a lot of flack coming the way of premiership stars to take salary cuts. (Not deferment) Whilst they are clearly overpaid a player on £200k per week pays £84k pw tax & ni - which could find its way to the NHS. They take a cut who benefits - the clubs & their owners.

Should football be able to furlough employees ? Are they given exemptions from corporation as they are “less worthy” organisations - No - so on balance they should be afforded the same rights.

Whilst I actually despise quite a lot of footballers, what they stand for & how they conduct themselves. It not their fault they operate in highly paid sector. Should the PFA arrange a 10% donation down the football pyramid, again probably not.

A hate of mine hit the nail on the head when I was critical of Dean Hoyle @ Huddersfield taking his money out of club. Bottom line is It’s his money and there are worthier causes than professional football clubs to donate a few £000ks to.

Your views??
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

isrodger wrote:Football & Coronavirus - quite a lot of flack coming the way of premiership stars to take salary cuts. (Not deferment) Whilst they are clearly overpaid a player on £200k per week pays £84k pw tax & ni - which could find its way to the NHS. They take a cut who benefits - the clubs & their owners.

Should football be able to furlough employees ? Are they given exemptions from corporation as they are “less worthy” organisations - No - so on balance they should be afforded the same rights.

Whilst I actually despise quite a lot of footballers, what they stand for & how they conduct themselves. It not their fault they operate in highly paid sector. Should the PFA arrange a 10% donation down the football pyramid, again probably not.

A hate of mine hit the nail on the head when I was critical of Dean Hoyle @ Huddersfield taking his money out of club. Bottom line is It’s his money and there are worthier causes than professional football clubs to donate a few £000ks to.

Your views??
It's a different world, ISR - hope you and your family and friends are safe btw. A 30% wage cut was proposed, was asked, it makes my blood boil. To be even asked to do so is a disgrace in itself. There are players, managers etc that have voluntarily cut their wages - fair play to them but it's not enough. Far too many players think of themselves. I've seen so much good in the world, how we appreciate life, how we appreciate each other, how we treat and try to look after each other - a shame it's took a pandemic for this to happen.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Have MPs been furloughed :clap: ???
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

All tax dodgers should be up against the wall come the revolution.

If we closed the loopholes we wouldn't be moaning about footballers ...
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I bet most of them have a very good accountant. I think it was Rooney who only paid 2% tax before they chased him down for £3.5m. I'm beyond caring if i'm honest if someone who earns £120kpw and turn their nose up at a pay cut, then they are not in the right frame of mind if you ask me.

Slightly off topic but i get confused why people like Richard Branson keep asking for bailouts from the government, first trains, now aeroplanes (flybe) and yet he sits on a mass fortune. If that's capitalism in action we may aswell renationalise. Come back Corbyn?
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

The Open has now been cancelled and a number of other Sporting events may follow suit. Football may need to take similar hard decisions come May or June. Fingers crossed

Joe
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I bet most of them have a very good accountant. I think it was Rooney who only paid 2% tax before they chased him down for £3.5m. I'm beyond caring if i'm honest if someone who earns £120kpw and turn their nose up at a pay cut, then they are not in the right frame of mind if you ask me.

Slightly off topic but i get confused why people like Richard Branson keep asking for bailouts from the government, first trains, now aeroplanes (flybe) and yet he sits on a mass fortune. If that's capitalism in action we may aswell renationalise. Come back Corbyn?

:| That is exactly what Capitalism is.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Fifa are expected to suspend the current season

https://twitter.com/Simon_Hughes__/stat ... 80224?s=20

This is fantastic if true!
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

lufctrav wrote:Fifa are expected to suspend the current season

https://twitter.com/Simon_Hughes__/stat ... 80224?s=20

This is fantastic if true!
Mmm maybe someone was listening my idea/prediction (2-3 pages back) ;)

The only sensible option really.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52418048

Coronavirus and sport: Eredivisie cancelled because of pandemic

No sides will be relegated or promoted, meaning Cambuur - who topped the second tier and held an 11-point gap over the play-off positions - will not go up.