Season Suspended

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Season Suspended

Post by Leicester White »

Agreed, there's a heck of a lot of change for the better going on right now and I expect a lot of it will continue when lockdown ends i.e. I imagine the annual carbon foot print of people travelling will massively reduce compared to pre-lockdown levels as people have worked out ways of getting jobs and meetings done from home.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Leicester White wrote:Agreed, there's a heck of a lot of change for the better going on right now and I expect a lot of it will continue when lockdown ends i.e. I imagine the annual carbon foot print of people travelling will massively reduce compared to pre-lockdown levels as people have worked out ways of getting jobs and meetings done from home.
There's a video someone took on Blackpool beach of the clear blue seawater!

A lot of people who have been able to work from home, who afterwards will want to continue doing it. My company with about 2000 staff managed to get the vast majority working from home, prior to this it was only a few with laptops that did. There is an active discussion now about how to utilise home working after all this is over - can't see it being just a return to before.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Nic wrote:
Leicester White wrote:Agreed, there's a heck of a lot of change for the better going on right now and I expect a lot of it will continue when lockdown ends i.e. I imagine the annual carbon foot print of people travelling will massively reduce compared to pre-lockdown levels as people have worked out ways of getting jobs and meetings done from home.

A lot of people who have been able to work from home, who afterwards will want to continue doing it. My company with about 2000 staff managed to get the vast majority working from home, prior to this it was only a few with laptops that did. There is an active discussion now about how to utilise home working after all this is over - can't see it being just a return to before.
Its funny you should say that. I cycle to work these days down the Promenade after selling my motorbike and i have never seen the water looking so clear. There is talk of clear blue skies to match. Another couple of years of this lockdown and there will be no need for the Green party. :angel:
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

The Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga are to start later in May. My guess is, that Danish Football will start soon. How does it look like in England? Any movements towards starting PL and the Championship again?
arfa
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by arfa »

The Premier League are due to have a vote on Monday on plans to restart the season. They will be influenced by the UK Government plans to ease the lockdown, which are expected to be revealed on Sunday. The EPL hopes to restart by 12 June, however there is still a lot of arguing over whether it is safe to restart. The EFL is waiting to find out what the Premier League decides before making its own decision. (This is how I interpret what I have read today on the BBC website).
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

The sticking point seems to be The Premier League's plan to use neutral venues... any idea why that's deemed necessary here and not in Germany?
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Nic wrote:

Flip side is a lot of employers will think we’ve functioned really well without all those furloughed workers ... lets bin the overhead !
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

arfa wrote:The Premier League are due to have a vote on Monday on plans to restart the season. They will be influenced by the UK Government plans to ease the lockdown, which are expected to be revealed on Sunday. The EPL hopes to restart by 12 June, however there is still a lot of arguing over whether it is safe to restart. The EFL is waiting to find out what the Premier League decides before making its own decision. (This is how I interpret what I have read today on the BBC website).
I do hope the EPL come down hard in any player refusing to play and across the board they refuse to pay their wages.

As regards neutral venues given the primary advantage of home ties is the crowd I can’t for the life in me understand why this is an issue.
Deleted User 3289

isrodger wrote:
Nic wrote:

Flip side is a lot of employers will think we’ve functioned really well without all those furloughed workers ... lets bin the overhead !
I think that's inevitable unfortunately isr. I certainly know my cousin who works in electronics is fearing that outcome.
Deleted User 3289

Leicester White wrote:The sticking point seems to be The Premier League's plan to use neutral venues... any idea why that's deemed necessary here and not in Germany?
I still don't understand why they are thinking of neutral venues. To keep the fans away i'm speculating and maybe to isolate the players better. Its going to be a strange scenario teams playing games in other teams stadiums.