Season Suspended

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Season Suspended

Post by DominanceUK »

isrodger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
isrodger wrote:Hypothetical one. Possibly - Nothing to stop us signing Mario Gotze, Edison Cavani, David Siva & Adam Llana on 1/7/20 and playing them in our remaining 19/20 fixtures !!
No, they won't be registered and it won't be possible for us to register them for this season.
Not sure .. simamu as a rule of thumb all UEFA contracts operate in tandem 1/7 - 30/6, you are probably right ...however certain leagues eligibility may not require registration prior to?

As a wider point it will be interesting to see how certain players respond to the call to action. Irrespective of their personal safety dilemmas. :think: Those out of contract in 40 days, may not wish to risk injury. Indeed Prior to cessation of league 1 possibly cavani might have had to refuse to play for PSG having potentially signed a pre contract with Athletico? A contract which would start before the end of the French season.

I’m sure many FAs will & players will extend for a couple of month, but there will be issues.

From a Leeds perspective we have berardi ... who will just run his contract down, turn out in a white shirt, duck out of challenges for fear of get injured. :lol:

Seriously - We’re very very lucky we have our one out of contract player who’s personal pride will not allow him to give less than 100%. Certain players really have to have a look in the mirror and think what they could have achieved if they only had his commitment.
I absolutely love Berardi. Some of my mates still blame him for last year vs Derby, personally I'd have 11 players wearing the shirt who have his commitment above quality and everything else. In regards to transfer etc aren't UEFA sorting this issue out? FIFA and UEFA have, imo, have done very little in coming up with solutions to this situation we're currently in.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Looks like the EFL have decided that if the season needs to be curtailed promotion and relegation will remain and final placings will be decided on an unweighted points per game.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:Looks like the EFL have decided that if the season needs to be curtailed promotion and relegation will remain and final placings will be decided on an unweighted points per game.
Correct, and great news for us, club statement here......

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... al-meeting
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.