SKY Sports

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: SKY Sports

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Quite bizarre really as I have barely looked in on Sky Sports and seem to have got through life OK. Usually Sky Sports News is the default channel for me.

Only times I have tuned in is when there has been any inkling that LUFC will feature.

Talking of which I caught a programme on ITV, on Catch Up I think entitled Getting Shirty which is a documentary on Admiral football kit (well you get desperate at times you know!! :D ). Anyho, I never realised that Don Revie and Leeds United were so pivotal in the launching of the replica football kit idea and now it a billion ££ industry.

Keep safe everyone
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: SKY Sports

Post by Another Northern Soul »

PhoenixUnited wrote:Quite bizarre really as I have barely looked in on Sky Sports and seem to have got through life OK. Usually Sky Sports News is the default channel for me.

Only times I have tuned in is when there has been any inkling that LUFC will feature.

Talking of which I caught a programme on ITV, on Catch Up I think entitled Getting Shirty which is a documentary on Admiral football kit (well you get desperate at times you know!! :D ). Anyho, I never realised that Don Revie and Leeds United were so pivotal in the launching of the replica football kit idea and now it a billion ££ industry.

Keep safe everyone
Yes, I watched that too, in fact I still have it to watch again as I've been working on something about old LU shirts. Great programme, I always get annoyed when they mispronounce Revie's name - it is pronounced 'Reevi' and not 'Revvi' (honestly!) and they got a couple of things wrong in the history of the shirts (for instance, Umbro came before Admiral by quite a few years, their story's interesting too).

The Don also got slated for his kit deals when he took the England job. Not only did he get the players better rewarded for representing their country but he sorted out the entire kit situation, bringing in Admiral as the programme said. All above board, all £ genuinely accounted for, but the FA and media tried and probably succeeded in branding him a money grabbing traitor just about.