2018-19 £21.4m loss

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: 2018-19 £21.4m loss

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Its been obvious for a while that the club would struggle next season if we don't get promoted. With the run we was on before the virus spread far and wide we was looking very good for promotion. That's why its imperative this season gets finished there is so much at stake. I'm sure what the players have been taught this season by Bielsa will stay with them for the rest of their short careers. We have all excepted reluctantly over the years that to survive in the EFL you have to sell your best players or have a rich person in charge who doesn't mind spending large amounts of money with no guaranteed return. Yorkshire folk are renowned for their prudence.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: 2018-19 £21.4m loss

Post by isrodger »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Its been obvious for a while that the club would struggle next season if we don't get promoted. With the run we was on before the virus spread far and wide we was looking very good for promotion. That's why its imperative this season gets finished there is so much at stake. I'm sure what the players have been taught this season by Bielsa will stay with them for the rest of their short careers. We have all excepted reluctantly over the years that to survive in the EFL you have to sell your best players or have a rich person in charge who doesn't mind spending large amounts of money with no guaranteed return. Yorkshire folk are renowned for their prudence.
I would go further than that, in a doomsday scenario, we could be facing similar issues to those when relegated given most of the players who are outperforming under bielsa are now on 4 year deals. Additionally we don’t technically own the ground & no longer have the option to purchase.

The big positive is the Qataris or 49rs are likely to step in.