Norman Hunter R.I.P.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Phil147
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Norman Hunter R.I.P.

Post by Phil147 »

Leicester White wrote:Norman making my little girl's day and mine!
What a lovely picture that is. Thanks for posting that :thumbup:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Hear, Hear. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

A very poignant photograph imho.

Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:A very poignant photograph imho.

A fantastic photo
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Some great photos there, I've been watching old games on you tube when Norman played for Leeds and the Southampton game came on and if you see the 6th goal, Norman crosses for his partner Big Jack to head the goal, that stands out for me that our central defenders combined to make the goal, he had a fantastic left foot.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Paul ITFC wrote:Hi
I am an Ipswich Town supporter and have been for almost all of my 69 years but I had a lot of love for Don Revie's teams and often saw Leeds play in London including being at the 1972 and 1973 F.A. Cup Finals.
I still have the yellow,blue and white wool scarf that I purchased at Elland Road in either 1969 or 1970 when I was there with ITFC.

I might never post on this site again but I just wanted to register to say:-

RIP Norman Hunter and thank you for the pleasure that I got from watching you and your teammates play.
Welcome in Paul there’s a lot of us on here from the same era as yourself. Always wanted us to sign Mick Mills thought he was a terrific player.
Take care & keep safe.

MOT ( whichever team you support )

Welcome Paul, hope you stay around, my mother who has little interest in football but I remember watching the 1978 FA Cup final with her and she cheered on Ipswich Town to victory and on that day she started to follow them. You had a decent side in the late 70's/early 80's under Sir Bobby Robson. I remember being at Portman Road in the 1989/1990 season in a 2-2 draw.

Thanks to your kind words about one of our legends :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Paul ITFC
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Paul ITFC »

Mr Russell wrote:

Welcome Paul, hope you stay around, my mother who has little interest in football but I remember watching the 1978 FA Cup final with her and she cheered on Ipswich Town to victory and on that day she started to follow them. You had a decent side in the late 70's/early 80's under Sir Bobby Robson. I remember being at Portman Road in the 1989/1990 season in a 2-2 draw.

Thank you.

My only regret during the SBR years are that ITFC did not win the title-we should have done in 1980/81 when we beat Villa 3 times and ended up playing 66 games in all competitions and (only) having the UEFA Cup to show for it, we just ran out of steam.
As an 11 year old I did see us win the title under Sir Alf Ramsey though.

I did only join to post a few words about Norman Hunter but I will look in from time to time because the Leeds United of the Revie years meant a lot to me-I even missed an Ipswich home game once to go to West Ham to see Leeds.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum Paul :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

mapperleywhite wrote:
Leicester White wrote:Norman making my little girl's day and mine!
LW -that's a top photo. I've shared it on my FB. Thanks
You're more than welcome. Ellen cried when she heard the news... she's not great at looking after her stuff, but her treasured programme signed by Norman Hunter is kept in a safe place in pristine condition.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Paul ITFC wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Thank you.

My only regret during the SBR years are that ITFC did not win the title-we should have done in 1980/81 when we beat Villa 3 times and ended up playing 66 games in all competitions and (only) having the UEFA Cup to show for it, we just ran out of steam.
As an 11 year old I did see us win the title under Sir Alf Ramsey though.

I did only join to post a few words about Norman Hunter but I will look in from time to time because the Leeds United of the Revie years meant a lot to me-I even missed an Ipswich home game once to go to West Ham to see Leeds.
Paul, welcome in. My mate at the golf club came from Esh Winning in the North East. (Same village as Sir Bobby) He moved down to Berkshire as a young lad. He played for Slough Town. He had some connection with Sir Bobby, I think one of his sisters married him. He used to support Ipswich and travel from Berkshire for home games. Sir Bobby used to meet him outside the ground with tickets. He also told me that Sir Bobby supplied him with new football boots whenever he needed them. Good team in those days, it was always good to see 'unfashionable' clubs ruling the roost.
I once played against Don Revie.