We can get there again.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: We can get there again.

Post by Aces »

Nic wrote:
Aces wrote:
Aces wrote:Just takes one bored, devilish billionaire to take us over knowing we get under a lot of the top clubs skin and we are back in the big time, it's good to dream a dream, you never know what's around the corner, good or bad.

Well me might not have a devilish billionaire taking over, but a devilish multi millionaire, just how many tens of millions he has I don't know, but ....... We just might have our moneybags backer who hopefully will put funds in for transfers in the summer, or let us have some decent Italian players on loan. Fingers crossed this is the start of something good.
Hmm, not convinced. It won't be funds for transfer budget but players he deems we need, which may be Italian journeymen not good enough for seria A.

He's the wrong multimillionaire - we may get into the premiership with several loanees but we'd end up a mediocre team in premiership. Its not the same as building a team to get promoted
I think you will be proved right on this Nic, I think a mediocre team in the premiership is what he will provide, I don't think he has that much to spend on players, but I would take us being a Norwich, or Stoke, than where we are now, the prospect of having the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and the two Manchester teams back at ER is enough for me at the moment and who knows ...... He has Arab connections, he might sell us on to a oil Billionaire after getting us promoted and himself making a hefty profit, just might be is plan.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT