We can get there again.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Lairy on the Lowfields
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Re: We can get there again.

Post by Lairy on the Lowfields »

Aces wrote:Just takes one bored, devilish billionaire to take us over knowing we get under a lot of the top clubs skin and we are back in the big time, it's good to dream a dream, you never know what's around the corner, good or bad.
The above could describe the Cellino bloke. Not quite a billionaire but worth a few bob apparently, obviously has a devilish streak a mile wide and certainly likes to get under the skin of the authorities. I'm not advocating him one way or the other as I only know what I've read on blogs/twitter etc. and that's no basis for an opinion.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

From memory we turned over just short of £30m when we were in the third division, and closer to £80m in 2001.
RamseyWhite

Post by RamseyWhite »

johnh wrote:Not sure what this proves. We are five places behind Glasgow Rangers and look at the mess they are in. Recently, they asked all the playing staff to take a cut in wages.
LU don't even own their own ground or training facilities and have a squad with a total value of less than £10m (and that is allowing £4m for Ross).
Exactly and the rental agreement for TA and ER is an escalating liability.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Is it escalating?
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

dangermouse wrote:I see where you are coming from Aces, but surely if such a person exists then now is the time to show himself? What happens in the coming days may shape the clubs future for years to come.
If you look at other teams that have been taken over recently, they came out of nowhere mate, like at Hull, Cardiff, I think Fulham, obviously later back, Man City, Chelsea and Man utd. West ham have had plenty of dosh pumped in to them as well as Sunderland, it's always possible. Like I said, just one bored billionaire, looking for a new toy and ..... It's game on, I think the owners should be advertising us on the market as a previous top twenty earning club in Europe and top ten earning club in the premiership, in bygone years, that might garner more interest. I know things have changed, but our fan base is still huge and strong and we have enough fans to generate huge revenues for would be billionaire owners who might be interested.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
RamseyWhite

Post by RamseyWhite »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Is it escalating?
Yes, TA is now 250k pa more than when Bates was in charge.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Thanks, but ER isn't escalating is it?
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Thanks, but ER isn't escalating is it?
Yes about 2% per annum.

I know for an absolute fact Harvey was offered a better deal for TA, than the club are presently contracted to. Cant remember the absolutes but instead of 6% return on the investment it would be 5% instead of rent increasing by 2% PA it would increase by 1% and similarly the buy back would increase by 1% rather than 2% - the council deal was a "done deal" so the need for such a deal was needless according to Harvey. The club at the time had the money to do the deal themselves, however according to Harvey "the money could be better spent elsewhere" Didn't even come back on the offer once the council deal fell through - which leads me to believe Bates may own TA.

TA was valued at circa £18m on the basis of development for residential purposes from Memory, so therefore a potential landlord preys LUFC default on their 25 yr lease, as the value of the asset immediately increases 3 fold.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Aces wrote:Just takes one bored, devilish billionaire to take us over knowing we get under a lot of the top clubs skin and we are back in the big time, it's good to dream a dream, you never know what's around the corner, good or bad.

Well me might not have a devilish billionaire taking over, but a devilish multi millionaire, just how many tens of millions he has I don't know, but ....... We just might have our moneybags backer who hopefully will put funds in for transfers in the summer, or let us have some decent Italian players on loan. Fingers crossed this is the start of something good.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Aces wrote:

Well me might not have a devilish billionaire taking over, but a devilish multi millionaire, just how many tens of millions he has I don't know, but ....... We just might have our moneybags backer who hopefully will put funds in for transfers in the summer, or let us have some decent Italian players on loan. Fingers crossed this is the start of something good.
Hmm, not convinced. It won't be funds for transfer budget but players he deems we need, which may be Italian journeymen not good enough for seria A.

He's the wrong multimillionaire - we may get into the premiership with several loanees but we'd end up a mediocre team in premiership. Its not the same as building a team to get promoted