Leeds Songs

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Leeds Songs

Post by Selby White »

Lots of Leeds songs been produced and available on the internet so thought would start a thread to see which people like.

Perhaps we can replace the Eurovision Song Contest with a Leeds Utd One ;) :lol:

Will start today with a couple of songs I wasn't aware of until finding them recently. They were recorded in 1971 by Ronnie Hilton, so here are "The Lads of Leeds" & "The Tale of Johnny Giles"

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Re: Leeds Songs

Post by Deleted User 728 »

My brother-in-law's brother (?! work that one out) is a freelance TV/video producer and did some work with the club a few years back. He's based in Ballymena and needed some music to go with some of the stuff he was creating for them so they bunged him two official Leeds United Anthems CDs.
He gave them both to me about ten years ago and I think I played them once through on the drive up to a game and never again. Football songs are generally pretty dire ..
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I know it's difficult to comprehend but what was even worse were the regular issues of 'Christmas Specials' by various clubs. What was even worse than the musical dross on offer was the look of abject embarrassment on the faces of the unfortunate squad of players in the accompanying video. (So I was told!) :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:(So I was told!) :lol:
Yeh right :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sweet Marcelo -

Now we all know where Neil Diamond gets his inspiration :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Song for Berardi

Nice converted cover of the Dean Martin classic :D
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

rigger wrote:My brother-in-law's brother (?! work that one out) is a freelance TV/video producer and did some work with the club a few years back. He's based in Ballymena and needed some music to go with some of the stuff he was creating for them so they bunged him two official Leeds United Anthems CDs.
He gave them both to me about ten years ago and I think I played them once through on the drive up to a game and never again. Football songs are generally pretty dire ..
Yep, I don't think the line about Albert Johanneson "I don't know where he comes from, but I think it's Timbuktu" would go down very well at the moment - thank goodness!

I still love our MOT anthem though ... wouldn't miss that pre-kick off for the world - the hairs on the back of my neck have gone up just thinking about it :-)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leicester White wrote: I still love our MOT anthem though ... wouldn't miss that pre-kick off for the world - the hairs on the back of my neck have gone up just thinking about it :-)
Nothing like Strings For Yasmin starting up, then MOT belting out.

Christ, I miss ER at the minute.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Got to love Sam Dingle :D

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

All love Leeds