The Big Kick Off (Part 2)

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

The Big Kick Off (Part 2)

Post by PhoenixUnited »

I don' t know if it is just me but as the frenzy starts to rise about the recommencement of football I can't for the life of me get excited. In normal circumstances the days to the season starting is something to look forward to in anticipation. I know its not the same thing but in many ways it is. A short sprint to the finish line but in bizarre circumstances.

The safety of everyone and the risks involved are absolutely huge and no matter what anyone says, people are not capable at all of being sensible and careful. This remains a very dangerous time and I have no clue what the answer is.

Wait and see what happens with the sense of dread at the moment :eh:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The Big Kick Off (Part 2)

Post by Selby White »

I know what you mean but I think the excitement will start once we get the order of play (fixtures).

Agree with you about the safety of everyone should always be our main concern. However other leagues have started and seem to be managing the behind closed doors situation so why not us.
Saying that as a country we must accept its a ongoing situation be prepared to reverse decisions at any stage if issues arise.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Whilst I’m getting excited (or will do nearer the time) about the season starting again, going to be gutted not being there, especially at ER. First game I’ll have missed for 8/9 years :thumbdown:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

Selby White wrote:I know what you mean but I think the excitement will start once we get the order of play (fixtures).

Agree with you about the safety of everyone should always be our main concern. However other leagues have started and seem to be managing the behind closed doors situation so why not us.
Saying that as a country we must accept its a ongoing situation be prepared to reverse decisions at any stage if issues arise.
Aren't the fixtures going to be in the same order as they were?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

psquithy wrote:
Selby White wrote:I know what you mean but I think the excitement will start once we get the order of play (fixtures).

Do you know that? I've not a clue but even if they are that doesn't tell us the dates which is the important thing for us all (suspect TV will be dictating) .
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Whilst I’m getting excited (or will do nearer the time) about the season starting again, going to be gutted not being there, especially at ER. First game I’ll have missed for 8/9 years :thumbdown:
I'd say you could honestly say you will still have a 100% record over that time. You can't miss a game you aren't allowed in to watch :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

Selby White wrote:
psquithy wrote:

Do you know that? I've not a clue but even if they are that doesn't tell us the dates which is the important thing for us all (suspect TV will be dictating) .
I just assumed as - why would they change them?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

psquithy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
psquithy wrote:

I just assumed as - why would they change them?
Suspect you are right but never know with the FL and Sky.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

I’m not getting excited, but am starting to feel very nervous. It feels like we have nothing to gain (I know that’s not really the case), but everything to lose. I am worried that we will screw it up again. A defeat in the first game could cause a massive blow to the confidence of the team, with little time to recover from it.

A win v Cardiff will certainly settle some nerves, though, especially if Fulham don’t beat Brentford...
Augsburgwhite
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Augsburgwhite »

Hefe in Germany the fixture structure hasn't changed, just the gap between games.