The Big Kick Off (Part 2)

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The Big Kick Off (Part 2)

Post by Selby White »

Nic wrote:
Selby White wrote:Does anyone think the fact that 5 subs are going to be allowed is not great for us?

My theory is based on the belief our fitness levels are superior to the rest with MB's training methods. Part of our strength is wearing teams down and punishing them as they run out of steam.
Well it's 5 vs normal 3. So how many of our opponents always use all 3 and would use more? In the PL the 5 subs can only come on in 3 substitution switches (i.e. there will need to be double substitutions or half time changes).
Of the 12 league games we've played since turn of the year 10 out of our 12 opponents used all 3 substitutes. That's a high ratio in my opinion.
Why won't they use double substitions if that rule is applied?

Really can't see a reason for the rules to change with 9 games to play. ,Yes Covid19 is serious but if players are tested and deemed fit it's a pointless change in my view.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

This I believe was a rule brought in initially for the Premiership as it was believed it would be too hard on players to play 2 games every week....soft pillocks.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Nic wrote:
dlw10 wrote:I've not been so excited since, well, since the last game! We are football fans and we support a side on the brink of history so I'm pretty sure everyone is getting excited at the prospect of the restart! We may not be inside the stadium but I'm sure, as fans always do, we will come up with a variety of novel ways to experience the games and delight in the experience! Bring it on and let's get cracking!
With the games coming thick and fast, it will be a whirlwind, with little time between games to contemplate or over analyse any losses. Lets hope it's like a world cup fever and flags and shirts are out everywhere.
I think it could well be a bit like a world cup - certainly for Leeds fans. I'm looking forward it and if they can just get us some crowd noise on the TV coverage that is realistic I'll be happy - my interest in the German games has tailed off with the lack of noise!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Yep, starting to get excited myself now.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Selby White wrote:
Nic wrote:
Selby White wrote:Does anyone think the fact that 5 subs are going to be allowed is not great for us?

My theory is based on the belief our fitness levels are superior to the rest with MB's training methods. Part of our strength is wearing teams down and punishing them as they run out of steam.
Well it's 5 vs normal 3. So how many of our opponents always use all 3 and would use more? In the PL the 5 subs can only come on in 3 substitution switches (i.e. there will need to be double substitutions or half time changes).
Of the 12 league games we've played since turn of the year 10 out of our 12 opponents used all 3 substitutes. That's a high ratio in my opinion.
Why won't they use double substitions if that rule is applied?

Really can't see a reason for the rules to change with 9 games to play. ,Yes Covid19 is serious but if players are tested and deemed fit it's a pointless change in my view.
Subs are more often than not, used to influence the game if a team is behind or protecting a lead. We'll be far more fitter than other teams and more than likely be more dominant in these upcoming games, if the opposition choose to use more subs (5 - which is beyond ridiculous to me, why this has been introduced is still a mystery to me), it will affect them more (in a negative way) than us, imo.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

9 games in 32 days, that's 3.55 days per game if my maths is correct.
Even though we have not been using a lot of subs we have to be careful here.There's so much at stake.
Keeping 'essential' players on the field when a game is safe could lead to tiredness,minor injuries like pulled muscles or even worse, serious injury.
Tactical subs might be necessary at any time if the opposition is giving us problems either end of the field, but I hope these are at a minimum.
Tactical subs protecting a lead is OK.
Hopefully games are safe or heading for an acceptable result and we can give tired legs a rest and make sure we are fresh and all the squad are available for selection next game.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

dlw10 wrote:
Nic wrote:
dlw10 wrote:I've not been so excited since, well, since the last game! We are football fans and we support a side on the brink of history so I'm pretty sure everyone is getting excited at the prospect of the restart! We may not be inside the stadium but I'm sure, as fans always do, we will come up with a variety of novel ways to experience the games and delight in the experience! Bring it on and let's get cracking!
With the games coming thick and fast, it will be a whirlwind, with little time between games to contemplate or over analyse any losses. Lets hope it's like a world cup fever and flags and shirts are out everywhere.
I think it could well be a bit like a world cup - certainly for Leeds fans. I'm looking forward it and if they can just get us some crowd noise on the TV coverage that is realistic I'll be happy - my interest in the German games has tailed off with the lack of noise!
with matches on most days (if also counting PL) lots to watch. Watching PL games will be like watching games in other groups.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

From Wednesday, looks like football on TV every day!

Wednesday 17th June 2020
Aston Villa v Sheffield United Premier League 18:00 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Man City v Arsenal Premier League 20:15 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Thursday 18th June 2020
Colchester United v Exeter City League Two Play-Off Semi-Final 1st Leg 17:15 Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event
Northampton Town v Cheltenham Town League Two Play-Off Semi-Final 1st Leg 19:45 Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event
Friday 19th June 2020
Norwich City v Southampton Premier League 18:00 Sky One / Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD / Pick
Tottenham Hotspur v Man Utd Premier League 20:15 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Saturday 20th June 2020
Fulham v Brentford Championship 12:30 Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Watford v Leicester City Premier League 12:30 BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate
West Brom v Birmingham City Championship 15:00 Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal Premier League 15:00 BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate
West Ham v Wolves Premier League 17:30 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
AFC Bournemouth v Crystal Palace Premier League 19:45 BBC One
Sunday 21st June 2020
Cardiff City v Leeds United Championship 12:00 Sky Sports Football
Newcastle United v Sheffield United Premier League 14:00 Sky One / Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD / Pick
Aston Villa v Chelsea Premier League 16:15 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Everton v Liverpool Premier League 19:00 Sky One / Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD / Pick
Monday 22nd June 2020
Exeter City v Colchester United League Two Play-Off Semi-Final 2nd Leg 17:15 Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event
Cheltenham Town v Northampton Town League Two Play-Off Semi-Final 2nd Leg 20:00 Sky Sports Football
Man City v Burnley Premier League 20:00 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Tuesday 23rd June 2020
Leicester City v Brighton & Hove Albion Premier League 18:00 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham Premier League 20:15 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Wednesday 24th June 2020
Norwich City v Everton Premier League 18:00 BBC TBC
Newcastle United v Aston Villa Premier League 18:00 BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate
Wolves v AFC Bournemouth Premier League 18:00 BT Sport 2
Man Utd v Sheffield United Premier League 18:00 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD / Pick
Liverpool v Crystal Palace Premier League 20:15 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Thursday 25th June 2020
Southampton v Arsenal Premier League 18:00 Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Burnley v Watford Premier League 18:00 Sky Sports Action / Sky Sports Premier League / Pick
Chelsea v Man City Premier League 20:15 BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate
Friday 26th June 2020
Brentford v West Brom Championship 19:45 Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Saturday 27th June 2020
Preston North End v Cardiff City Championship 12:30 Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Aston Villa v Wolves Premier League 12:30 BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate
Leeds United v Fulham Championship 15:00 Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Ultra HD
Norwich City v Man Utd FA Cup Quarter-Final 17:30 BBC One / BBC iPlayer

etc
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I thought all our games were on SKY but apparently not. I can’t see LUTV coping with demand but if they do will it become available in the UK ?
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Can’t wait till Sunday if I’m honest.