Superstition

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Superstition

Post by corkleedsmot »

johnnysmiles wrote:My most recent superstition is to turn the volume down when the other team have a corner / free kick in a dangerous area and turn it back up if we don't concede..

I also leave a little bit of headroom volume wise for if we need a goal...

I'm fully aware how ridiculous all of this is!
I watched the Blackburn game in Spanish language and when we won I went for Spanish language for the following games. I have Skysports and BT so it meant i wasn't quite watching the games live which for some reason relaxed me (slightly)
I also put predictions in the predictions league here for the last 3 games after the first one i did won. (after last few seasons I banned myself from predictions after we lost one game)
I started again because we lost to Cardiff and everyone knows the game in Cardiff in the FA cup caused all of this haha

I am not even slightly superstitious in normal life but supporting Leeds for 30 years makes you believe in voodoo and gypsy curses.

I even question why Radz hasn't looked for a gypsy to update the Revie era Elland road curse protections because something is clearly wrong.
Moderator Message:
Please watch the language Ive edited it for you
- Davycc
I think its the normal day to day of being a Leeds fan. After a time It turns into a psychosis.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

I was just leaving work when yesterday's match kicked off, so I streamed it in the phone. Got home 15 mins into 2nd half, but because we were winning, I continued watching on the phone, sat in front of a blank 50 inch tv :roll:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

kk_white wrote:I was just leaving work when yesterday's match kicked off, so I streamed it in the phone. Got home 15 mins into 2nd half, but because we were winning, I continued watching on the phone, sat in front of a blank 50 inch tv :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Game was on while I was at work. reception's terrible in my office.
Boss wanted to know why I missed an important meeting and was outside checking plumbing?
Well if somebody reports a foul or dangerous smell in the factory we got to check it out, ;)
Everything seemed OK.
Paul ITFC
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Paul ITFC »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I’ve worn the same shirt for the last 4 games.

I think wearing the same shirt or T shirt is a common thing.
Not LUFC but ITFC but I bought a new ITFC T shirt in 2014 and wore it for the first time at Blackpool a couple of days later.
We won there and that T shirt got worn during a run of games that went WWWDWWDWWW, it did get washed sometimes in between.

Now if I wear a T shirt for a game and we win that is the T shirt worn until we lose-in the last two seasons I have been frequently changing T shirts regrettably.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

A certain member of this forum wears the same Leeds United pants to games :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Never believed in superstitions or curses. I find them disrespectful to the players who put in the effort to prepare and play the game.
I can understand the mental aspect of players and managers having a superstition/routine but from a fans point of view, i find the whole thing a bit self indulgent.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

OMG getttt innn
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician