LUFCTALK Enamel badge - your thoughts please

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: LUFCTALK Enamel badge - your thoughts please

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sorry, bit late in responding to this ...

Love the idea: I don't normally wear badges, but those retro enamel ones are discrete and quite cool so I would wear one of them if I liked it.

How easy is it to vary the production run ?
I mean, can you make individual designs in small quantities or is it a bit like clothing printing where you have a fixed cost for the "plate" so the more you make, the cheaper the garment becomes through economies of scale ?

If it's okay to make small quantities, what I would like to see would be the logo on one end and then one of my favourite players at the other along with their tag line - I'm talking about the headers at the top of each page on the upper right of the screen.

Here's an example of what I mean:

But I doubt that's cost effective .. I dunno :think:
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

rigger wrote:Sorry, bit late in responding to this ...

Love the idea: I don't normally wear badges, but those retro enamel ones are discrete and quite cool so I would wear one of them if I liked it.

I mean, can you make individual designs in small quantities or is it a bit like clothing printing where you have a fixed cost for the "plate" so the more you make, the cheaper the garment becomes through economies of scale ?

If it's okay to make small quantities, what I would like to see would be the logo on one end and then one of my favourite players at the other along with their tag line - I'm talking about the headers at the top of each page on the upper right of the screen.

I think the Bremner ones would sell quite well! Where di I put my order down for 5? :thumbup: See already selling like hot cakes :lol:
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Unfortunately its not an economic option as (like you said) it would have been one mold/set up for each variation. I'd also be a bit concerned about the image rights too, although its fine to use them on the banners where there is no money being made, if we use them on something that brings in revenue it could start causing problems...

But thanks for the feedback, all appreciated!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Thought so :(

Oh well, a nice round logo jobbie it is then :)
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

I think a "I hate takeovers" badge would sell well :thumbup:
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
kobe444
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by kobe444 »

I think you would sell more if u put the price as £2, ggod luck with your pins though :thumbup:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:Sorry, bit late in responding to this ...

Rigger, three foot x 18 inches is a bit tricky to carry about. :D

The trouble with enamel badges is, from a distance, it makes you look like a Trade Union official.

I once played against Don Revie.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

kobe444 wrote:I think you would sell more if u put the price as £2, ggod luck with your pins though :thumbup:
I am looking at the price and I'll make them as cheap as possible. We can't do this at a loss, but we won't be making a huge amount, its more about giving our members something affordable, collectable and a nice keepsake. Also gives us a bit of advertising.
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

I believe this is the best design yet for our Talk badge but I do love that Billy badge.