Fulham

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Fulham

Post by Saxon »

I do not agree that a draw is an acceptable result today.
One point would allow Brentford to consolidate their victory over West Brom turning that into a 5 point gain.
We need this 3 points not only to regain points advantage but to regain confidence and allow us to approach future games with a different mindset.
Without the 3 points today there's more pressure on remaining games, mistakes then happen which are very costly, then there's more pressure and we're in a dogfight which we can avoid with victory today.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Saxon wrote:I do not agree that a draw is an acceptable result today.
One point would allow Brentford to consolidate their victory over West Brom turning that into a 5 point gain.
We need this 3 points not only to regain points advantage but to regain confidence and allow us to approach future games with a different mindset.
Without the 3 points today there's more pressure on remaining games, mistakes then happen which are very costly, then there's more pressure and we're in a dogfight which we can avoid with victory today.
I think the team and Bielsa saw it in similar terms Saxon, hence not even trying to sit on our one goal lead at halftime.

With that win I really think Fulham are out of the running for the automatics. Mitrovic will be suspended for three games and they will suffer physically for their massive efforts yesterday, especially in the first half. They looked shattered physically and mentally at the end of the game. And from now on the games will be relentless.

Brentford are a different kettle of fish. They are a fitter, more cohesive, more effective (especially in attack) team that have a belief in how they play and a manager they obviously believe in. I’m glad that WBA are our cushion for the automatics at the moment - and that should be worried with their poor performances since coming back.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

White Knight wrote:
Saxon wrote:I do not agree that a draw is an acceptable result today.
I think the team and Bielsa saw it in similar terms Saxon, hence not even trying to sit on our one goal lead at halftime.

With that win I really think Fulham are out of the running for the automatics. Mitrovic will be suspended for three games and they will suffer physically for their massive efforts yesterday, especially in the first half. They looked shattered physically and mentally at the end of the game. And from now on the games will be relentless.

Brentford are a different kettle of fish. They are a fitter, more cohesive, more effective (especially in attack) team that have a belief in how they play and a manager they obviously believe in. I’m glad that WBA are our cushion for the automatics at the moment - and that should be worried with their poor performances since coming back.
Our team doesn't know how to play for anything but a win :D

Whilst being q appalled by Fulham in the first half, I was quite impressed by the quality of their play. They were extremely lucky to still have 11 on the pitch then, and it made me wonder how better they would have done had they been more disciplined as they could have been out of sight had we been weaker or even more wasteful.

Was impressed by Meslier yesterday, very assured and confident, though his kicking wasn't the best.

I am chuffed with the result but 7 matches left means IMO there are plenty more twists possible... but we're top for valid reasons too :D