Fulham

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Fulham

Post by NottinghamWhite »

How big is the Fulham game on Saturday ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Fulham

Post by Selby White »

Arguably bigger for them than us.

Lose wouldn't be great but we would still have a 4 point lead and have a decent run in imho.

If they lose they will be looking over their shoulders at 6th place, they have some hard games coming up.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Selby White wrote:Arguably bigger for them than us.

Lose wouldn't be great but we would still have a 4 point lead and have a decent run in imho.

If they lose they will be looking over their shoulders at 6th place, they have some hard games coming up.
Exactly Selby. Over the past few seasons there have been lots of moments like this that we've come to rue though, where a win would give us a huge buffer but a defeat, although not catastrophic, sets us down the path towards collapse.

For me nothing less than a point will do. Going to need an early goal or two to settle the nerves...
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Like I commented on the Cardiff game article, our run-in is NOT easy. We have several teams who are trying to avoid relegation and they will be upping their performances. I hope our team can get their mojo back, starting with beating Fulham. When we are on form we can beat any team, but continue as we did against Cardiff and we could end the season the same as last and drop into the play-offs again - and we know the lads don’t cope well in the play-offs!!!

If that happens again, I will become mentally unstable and have to stop following this cruel game called football - it will be the very last straw!
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

Before the Cardiff game I went with a 0-5 to Leeds :lol: (that did not work ) so at home to Fulham I am going for a Fulham win :mrgreen:
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

judy wrote:Like I commented on the Cardiff game article, our run-in is NOT easy. We have several teams who are trying to avoid relegation and they will be upping their performances. I hope our team can get their mojo back, starting with beating Fulham. When we are on form we can beat any team, but continue as we did against Cardiff and we could end the season the same as last and drop into the play-offs again - and we know the lads don’t cope well in the play-offs!!!

If that happens again, I will become mentally unstable and have to stop following this cruel game called football - it will be the very last straw!
ALL our 8 opponents will "up their game", when playing against the mighty whites.

When lacking confidence, simply remind yourself of well we played in that 1st half against Arsenal, we were unplayable against one the PL "top 6 giants" in that first 45 minutes.

We WILL get over the line this time, not because of entitlement or erroneous exceptionalism,
but because we are in a strong position, and improving match fitness will result in gaining sufficient traction...

Have faith

#MOT
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

judy wrote: If that happens again, I will become mentally unstable and have to stop following this cruel game called football - it will be the very last straw!
:lol: :lol: :lol:, not just me then.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Barlow Boy wrote:
judy wrote: If that happens again, I will become mentally unstable and have to stop following this cruel game called football - it will be the very last straw!
:lol: :lol: :lol:, not just me then.
Same. I don't think I could handle another season after the past two.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

True, and most likely end their chances of automatic promotion.

Whilst a win is best, a draw suits us more than it suits them.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nic wrote:

True, and most likely end their chances of automatic promotion.

Whilst a win is best, a draw suits us more than it suits them.
A draw in our game and also the Brentford v West Brom would be no disaster, same situation another match ticked off. And with West Brom v Fulham still to come.
Still wanting a win though.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.