How many points do we need?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: How many points do we need?

Post by White Knight »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
lufctrav wrote:The current maths says 4 but 3 will be enough. Brentford aren't going unbeaten in the run home.
Never mind unbeaten, it wouldn't shock me if they won all their games TBH.
Same as that!

Of Brentford’s fixtures, I can’t see who will beat them. In fact I can’t see one where they aren’t well capable of winning. It would be a stunning run but not impossible.

We need to concentrate on getting 14 points. Leave nothing to chance.
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

As mentioned before, Derby will have a big influence for the remainder of the season, shocking run in.
It does however suggest, they will probably be totally out of the picture, by the time they play us, especially with Lawrence suspended.

Preston (A)
Nottingham Forest (H)
West Brom (A)
Brentford (H)
Cardiff City (A)
Leeds United (H)
Birmingham City (A)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

White Knight wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
lufctrav wrote:The current maths says 4 but 3 will be enough. Brentford aren't going unbeaten in the run home.
Never mind unbeaten, it wouldn't shock me if they won all their games TBH.
Same as that!

Of Brentford’s fixtures, I can’t see who will beat them. In fact I can’t see one where they aren’t well capable of winning. It would be a stunning run but not impossible.

We need to concentrate on getting 14 points. Leave nothing to chance.
I'm sure Brentford will slip up its that sort of game also West Brom may not get too many.

But I agree with WK our target should be whatever the maths say and currently that is 14 points for promotion or 19 to win it.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

I agree with SW above. Brentford will slip up somewhere. I feel they're a bit like us, if a team comes at them or tries to play they will rip them apart, this is usually against team around the top. However against a Luton, Wigan, Cardiff type who try strangle the life out of the game they struggle, also like us.

Their remaining games have a few of those types in there. So 3 wins will do it, I even think 2 and 2 draws would do. However we are capable of winning all 7.

What a position to be in at this point in the season. incredible.

Also I think now our focus has to be on winning it. We are about their in terms of promotion as discussed above, let's dream bigger. If we want to pop west brom we mathematically need 6 wins. They won't win all of theirs, they'll be lucky to win 5, so if we win 5 the title is ours.
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

I'm a worrier and see problems with all our fixtures, especially the Park the Bus types like Luton under Nathan Jones...

I personally think we'll only need 3 more wins to go up, it'll be difficult for anyone to win 5 on the bounce like we did recently when there are two games a week for until the end of the season...

But I can see potential problems with every one of our remaining fixtures. Never a walk in the park with Blackburn recently, Swansea away is a long trip... Barnsley also a Park the bus type affair, Charlton will either be safe and carefree with no pressure or fighting for their lives, Derby are top of the form league...
The easiest one for me is Stoke at home...

I can't believe we're 1-100 on for promotion with the bookies!

If it was another team rather than my own that was in our position I'd say we're nailed on for promotion... but until the fat lady's actually singing into the mic singing "Start spreading the news" I, for one, refuse to tempt fate!