McDermott sacked from Leeds

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: McDermott sacked from Leeds

Post by dangermouse »

We have had "hands on" Italian involvement before he has even taken over. Can you imagine how "hands on" it will be if this goes through?
If he takes over I would imagine we will become a Watford type club. Lots of foreign players and managers passing through for a short period of time, the club being used as a stepping stone on their path to somewhere else.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

onenorthernsoul wrote:But 'spent' is a word that's been used a bit recently, referring to his crimes. Also 'Rehabilitation'.

I have a bad feeling that the FL will approve him (only going on the Guardian quotes) and then there will be real ructions involving Flowers for instance.

On the positive side, I do think that we are at least getting close to an outcome, and the more info that comes out, the more it for me at least puts Haigh in a very bad light, not only in terms of business acumen but political too, as well as the fact that he has been out of his depth for a long time. But I'm not trying to be personal with all of this, and that includes Cellino would you believe, I just am distrusting of most of these characters, and the way Cellino introduced himself to us all hardly fills me with encouragement - it wouldn't matter which club or which manager it was, he has ruined his chances already for me. But if he does succeed then I will be praying that we can have a new start almost and that certain businessmen get shunted out but certain others, who I do believe are trustworthy and reliable enough to run our club, are allowed in to join forces.

Ideally though, I do not want 'hands on' Italian involvement, I don't see it as being beneficial for the club.
Is Italian significant or just 'hands on' ;)

There are successful 'hands on' owners.

Currently we have left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing owners - done a top job :thumbup: :(
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

I have a problem with owners who are "hands on" in the football side of the business. It doesn't matter what their nationality is. I believe the manager should have full control of transfers. This man wants to buy the players he likes the look of and then hand them over to the manager to fit into the team somewhere. I have never seen that model of football management work before, and I couldn't see any self respecting manager work under those conditions.
Ofcourse you are right that our current setup is not proving very successful either!
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Agree with that Mellor (and DM too).

Well no, I'm not prejudiced against anyone for their race etc, but I AM worried about a foreign owner who does not speak English and who is not accustomed to English football or the running of a circus that has the clowns in charge whilst the good, loyal employees have no say in matters. Honestly, getting away from my opinions of Cellino and how his actions disgusted me last week, I do not see his methods being beneficial to our club.
john stubbs
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by john stubbs »

We all know that there are problems- whoever takes over. Look at the Huddersfield game. We only won because in the second half we took our chances. Hudders lost because in the first half they didn't. Had they done so, would the second half have been as good. Even then they missed some chances. So where is the problem. Is it the midfield who are incapable of dominating the opposition and give the ball away too much,or is it the defence who can't react quickly enough if the midfield loose it. You guys watch the whole game, I only watch the good bits on television. Whatever the solution it is going to cost money. Who has it.- Within the Fair Play Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Agree with that Mellor (and DM too).

Well no, I'm not prejudiced against anyone for their race etc, but I AM worried about a foreign owner who does not speak English and who is not accustomed to English football or the running of a circus that has the clowns in charge whilst the good, loyal employees have no say in matters. Honestly, getting away from my opinions of Cellino and how his actions disgusted me last week, I do not see his methods being beneficial to our club.
Blimey...does he not speak English? Don't know how he gets on in Miami !!!
Deleted User 130

Methinks I made a mistake there, doh. I thought I'd read he doesn't speak English. Apologies if a mistake. Thinking about it, he must do mustn't he? I've not heard him speak though :lol:

Was it Festa whose English needs help? Maybe that's where I got mixed up.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Methinks I made a mistake there, doh. I thought I'd read he doesn't speak English. Apologies if a mistake. Thinking about it, he must do mustn't he? I've not heard him speak though :lol:

Festa spent several years in Middlesborough, so it's unlikely that he speaks any sort of intelligible English! :)
Deleted User 130

Otherworld wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:Methinks I made a mistake there, doh. I thought I'd read he doesn't speak English. Apologies if a mistake. Thinking about it, he must do mustn't he? I've not heard him speak though :lol:

Festa spent several years in Middlesborough, so it's unlikely that he speaks any sort of intelligible English! :)
:clap:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Mellor wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:But 'spent' is a word that's been used a bit recently, referring to his crimes. Also 'Rehabilitation'.

I have a bad feeling that the FL will approve him (only going on the Guardian quotes) and then there will be real ructions involving Flowers for instance.

On the positive side, I do think that we are at least getting close to an outcome, and the more info that comes out, the more it for me at least puts Haigh in a very bad light, not only in terms of business acumen but political too, as well as the fact that he has been out of his depth for a long time. But I'm not trying to be personal with all of this, and that includes Cellino would you believe, I just am distrusting of most of these characters, and the way Cellino introduced himself to us all hardly fills me with encouragement - it wouldn't matter which club or which manager it was, he has ruined his chances already for me. But if he does succeed then I will be praying that we can have a new start almost and that certain businessmen get shunted out but certain others, who I do believe are trustworthy and reliable enough to run our club, are allowed in to join forces.

Ideally though, I do not want 'hands on' Italian involvement, I don't see it as being beneficial for the club.

Is Italian significant or just 'hands on' ;)

There are successful 'hands on' owners.

Currently we have left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing owners - done a top job :thumbup: :(
Chelsea are the only ones with a 'hands on' owner. But that's disrupted the club in the past and led to them losing managers due to disagreements over the direction of the club. Then there's Real Madrid and Perez buying Galacticos, not what's needed-os.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."