Last Six games - same again please

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Last Six games - same again please

Post by Selby White »

With 6 to play thought I'd compare the 6 contenders results over the last 6 league games.

Leeds & Brentford have accumulated 13pts
Fulham 10pts
West Brom 5pts (plus what they get tonight).

Same again will do for me :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Last Six games - same again please

Post by MOT1964 »

We had one or two of these threads towards the end of last season, and we all know how that ended :shh:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

MOT1964 wrote:We had one or two of these threads towards the end of last season, and we all know how that ended :shh:
Keep the faith MOT :D
Nic

Post by Nic »

Well 30 years ago we won the league. After 40 games we were on 75 points, 6 points ahead of 3rd placed Newcastle who had won the last 4 games

Very similar, just hope it doesn't get as tight - like losing the next game and 3rd placed continuing their winning streak, or having 2 games to go to find yourself in 2nd and 2 points off 1st and 3rd. :silent:
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Nic wrote:Well 30 years ago we won the league. After 40 games we were on 75 points, 6 points ahead of 3rd placed Newcastle who had won the last 4 games

Very similar, just hope it doesn't get as tight - like losing the next game and 3rd placed continuing their winning streak, or having 2 games to go to find yourself in 2nd and 2 points off 1st and 3rd. :silent:
If I'm reading this right Nic, it says that the season after next we'll win the Premier League? ;)
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Yes Nic think victory this weekend may help relieve any pressure that is building.

Can't help thinking without the lockdown we would have romped away given the form we were in at the time.

Like Leos thinking :thumbup:
Nic

Post by Nic »

Leonickroberts wrote:
Nic wrote:Well 30 years ago we won the league. After 40 games we were on 75 points, 6 points ahead of 3rd placed Newcastle who had won the last 4 games

If I'm reading this right Nic, it says that the season after next we'll win the Premier League? ;)
Why not. Leicester got promoted and won the PL title 2 years later, so it's possible :D
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

Selby White wrote:
MOT1964 wrote:We had one or two of these threads towards the end of last season, and we all know how that ended :shh:
I'm trying to SW :D

It would just be so Leeds United to end up in the play offs, play Derby County, and Wayne Rooney score the winner :lolno:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

MOT1964 wrote:
Selby White wrote:
I'm trying to SW :D

It would just be so Leeds United to end up in the play offs, play Derby County, and Wayne Rooney score the winner :lolno:
Wish you hadn't said that :shock:

Its our 100th season, we won the FA cup in its centenary, we have 8 players played 100 games, 100 is good for us.

Charlton at home is Marclo's 100th game in charge we will win promotion or the title that day :D
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Some talk of a letting a small number of fans into the ground ... wonder how much Leeds would raise if they sold raffle tickets for £1 each with 100 winners getting to attend that last match? Perhaps the moderator, who pulled off the Angus Kinnear coup, could drop him a line with the idea - I might be stupid enough to buy 100 tickets.