New adidas kit for 2020/21

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: New adidas kit for 2020/21

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Scott wrote:That JD logo makes the kit look horrendous. I get the need for sponsorship in the Premier League, but if I was inclined to buy a shirt, I probably wouldn't go for it now.
Really ??

Horrendous ?
It's a small monochrome logo, nothing too out of the ordinary.

Having said that, I do think clubs miss a trick. They could sell a shirt without the sleeve or chest sponsor (but retaining the adidas logo) and charge a tenner more for it and I think people would go for that.

... especially if, say, a fiver of that went to a local charity.

They may say I'm a dreamer .. but I'm not the only one :shh:
Deleted User 728

Here it is for anyone who's missed the addition :

Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’ll judge it in the flesh when I nip into the club shop, but at the moment, I’m with Scott, that’s horrendous.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

rigger wrote:
Scott wrote:That JD logo makes the kit look horrendous. I get the need for sponsorship in the Premier League, but if I was inclined to buy a shirt, I probably wouldn't go for it now.
Really ??

Horrendous ?

Having said that, I do think clubs miss a trick. They could sell a shirt without the sleeve or chest sponsor (but retaining the adidas logo) and charge a tenner more for it and I think people would go for that.

That's a great idea but I suspect part of terms of sponsorship is expectation that the fans advertise them too sadly.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

rigger wrote:
Really ??

Horrendous ?

Perhaps horrendous was a bit strong. For me it massively detracts from the look of the shirt though. It takes up the majority of that sleeve and is quite jarring in it's appearance. A black JD against a white background perhaps wouldn't have been as bad. I just think a big black circle covering most of the sleeve makes it look a bit naff.
Deleted User 728

As a kit connossieur of many years standing thanks to Subbuteo, I find British kits in general to be quite tasteful compared to some from around the world, Ligue 1 in France being particularly jarring most seasons.
They not only allow the main chest logo to be about twice the size of the EPL's version, but also an additional three smaller logos : one on the left sleeve like our new JD one, plus another TWO on the chest above the club badge and the manufacturer's crest.

To give you an idea, here's two from this season and two from 2018-19 :

Auxerre away, current

Strasbourg home, current

Cannes home and away, 2018-19
ImageImage
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

rigger wrote:As a kit connossieur of many years standing thanks to Subbuteo, I find British kits in general to be quite tasteful compared to some from around the world, Ligue 1 in France being particularly jarring most seasons.
They not only allow the main chest logo to be about twice the size of the EPL's version, but also an additional three smaller logos : one on the left sleeve like our new JD one, plus another TWO on the chest above the club badge and the manufacturer's crest.

To give you an idea, here's two from this season and two from 2018-19 :

Auxerre away, current

Strasbourg home, current

Cannes home and away, 2018-19
ImageImage
Looks like cykling-jerseys to me :thumbdown:
Last edited by John Dane on 26 Aug 2020, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
MyNameIsMark
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by MyNameIsMark »

rigger wrote:Here it is for anyone who's missed the addition :

I think it's fine. I actually think it looks quite cool. Simple & minimal. I can think of plenty of other obnoxious logos that could've taken it's place.

It's the main chest sponsor I have problems with as it looks like sloppy, mismatched typography.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Looks like the new away kit is on show.

https://twitter.com/TheSquareBall/statu ... 95328?s=19
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Wigan White wrote:Looks like the new away kit is on show.

https://twitter.com/TheSquareBall/statu ... 95328?s=19
I know others disagree but I like it!