New adidas kit for 2020/21

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: New adidas kit for 2020/21

Post by Leonickroberts »

blackbox2342 wrote:Supposedly press photos of new kit taken yesterday. Hopefully there will be a proper announcement soon!
Man I hope so. The silence coming from the club since promotion is obviously a sign that they're very busy trying to get a lot of different things done, but it'd be nice to have some kind of major announcement to get excited by.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Leonickroberts wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:Supposedly press photos of new kit taken yesterday. Hopefully there will be a proper announcement soon!
Man I hope so. The silence coming from the club since promotion is obviously a sign that they're very busy trying to get a lot of different things done, but it'd be nice to have some kind of major announcement to get excited by.
Completely agree, particularly given the tight turnaround for the start of next season!
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

blackbox2342 wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
Completely agree, particularly given the tight turnaround for the start of next season!
I'm sure I read August 10th somewhere
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Not sure if this sits best here or in the Investment thread (Mods, up to you if you think there's value in a new thread on wider commercial aspects of the club than just takeovers/investment), but we've signed a new sponsorship deal for our training kits with Clipper. Presumably on much better terms than the previous deal with them given our training kit is now for a Premier League side ;).

@LUFC
#LUFC are pleased to confirm a new sponsorship deal with @ClipperPlc, who will become our official training kit sponsor and logistics partner

Update:
We're also rumoured to have got our new shirt sponsor sorted - betting company Celton Manx limited (although something about this does smell slightly fake - perhaps the fact there appears to be a press release but there's nothing on the club website yet).

https://insidersport.com/2020/08/10/lee ... rtnership/
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

SBOTOP (who?) is the new shirt sponsor for the new season. Another betting brand apparently. Must be paying big bucks, but I can't say I've ever heard of them...

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club/2 ... eds-united
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Scott wrote:SBOTOP (who?) is the new shirt sponsor for the new season. Another betting brand apparently. Must be paying big bucks, but I can't say I've ever heard of them...

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club/2 ... eds-united
See above - they're a Manx company running online betting games.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Didn't they sponsor West Ham a while back ?
Think they've changed their logo since then, but it's still pretty disappointing, isn't it ?
I'd rather have FlamingoLand :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:Didn't they sponsor West Ham a while back ?
Think they've changed their logo since then, but it's still pretty disappointing, isn't it ?
Yes, they did previously sponsor West Ham.

I get it’s all about the money etc, and they’ve obviously put a huge chunk into the club for the privilege of being our shirt sponsor, I just wish it didn’t have to be betting companies all the time.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Barlow Boy wrote:
rigger wrote:Didn't they sponsor West Ham a while back ?
Yes, they did previously sponsor West Ham.

I get it’s all about the money etc, and they’ve obviously put a huge chunk into the club for the privilege of being our shirt sponsor, I just wish it didn’t have to be betting companies all the time.
Agreed BB (and +1 to FlamingoLand). Aside from the moral argument, and the fact they'll likely be banned in the next few years as a result, there's also the argument that having a well-known and liked brand sponsoring you makes fans remember you better, and potentially even like you more. I realise we can't be choosy having just come back up, but would have been lovely to have a rich-but-still-reasonably-ethical brand sponsoring us, rather than a betting company based in a UK tax haven.
pele
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by pele »

The SBOTOP logo looks unpleasantly like the SS insignia with a loopy line running across it. I'd have thought after Gaviscongate (I might have added the gate for extra sensationalist points) we might be a little keener on what imagery goes on our shirts. On closer inspection I've just realised it's supposed to be a figure running, a footballer? A weird one that's half man half Channel 4 logo? It looks most like some faceless robot fleeing the scene of a crime. I prefer the Clipper one.