We’re up

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: We’re up

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

Maybe it is just me (?) but I felt the 90% of the media coverage has been pretty poor when it came to us being champions of the league,It was okayish when we got promoted on Friday but Saturday was pretty low key (on Sky Sports news it was more of an after thought ) so I wonder had it been another club the media would be different? or am I being unfair?
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Metro1962 wrote:Maybe it is just me (?) but I felt the 90% of the media coverage has been pretty poor when it came to us being champions of the league,It was okayish when we got promoted on Friday but Saturday was pretty low key (on Sky Sports news it was more of an after thought ) so I wonder had it been another club the media would be different? or am I being unfair?
You're not alone Metro, I also noticed this - I suspect it's because it fell between the gap on print editions given the WBA result came in at 1900 which is cutting it fine to go to press. I bought a copy of all the major papers on Friday expecting us to be on all the back pages, only to find us barely covered in most of them, but as you say, there was also depressingly little coverage on Saturday.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I don't think it has anything to do with us - it's just the EPL is a big sponge of a brand.
Bournemouth and Norwich fans will discover that soon enough when they go scratching round for a match report in a few weeks from now ..
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:I don't think it has anything to do with us - it's just the EPL is a big sponge of a brand.
Bournemouth and Norwich fans will discover that soon enough when they go scratching round for a match report in a few weeks from now ..
I'm intrigued to see the massive jump in coverage we get from the Guardian (which is in my view the worst of the broadsheets at covering non-EPL football) now that the football hipster's manager du jour is back in the Prem. ;)
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’