We’re up

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: We’re up

Post by CorkWhite »

As a Leeds fan, I am not so much happy for myself, I'm even happier for the NW and Sir John and others who have been supporters of our club a lot longer than most on here and have seen our club go through such wonderful times and also such dreadful times. I personally have been lucky to have witnessed Leeds during the late seventies after the glory years had passed and have seen the false dawns over the past 16 years. It's a wonderful achievement for us all, I'm just so pleased that some of our most treasured members have witnessed the rise once again.

MOT
Wellwisher
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Re: We Are Premier League

Post by Wellwisher »

Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It's so weird going up without kicking a ball .. but I'll take it :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Glad we don't have to worry about the last two games. I admit to being apprehensive after our poor showing against Barnsley. We need to buy three or four Premiership quality players, particularly a striker. I'm fed up of reading match reports like the Telegraph today: 'Bamford had a great chance, kept out by Jack Walton, He should have scored.' Bamford is not Premiership standard.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I've merged the two threads celebrating our promotion.

As for Bamford, I would tend to agree with you, John. He'll be useful in games where we need to close out a result though.

Also, I can't help but wonder if the somewhat less frenetic pace of the EPL might suit him a bit more.
I doubt it, but I hope so :D
frogmill0
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by frogmill0 »

Joy and relief in equal proportions! Now the pressure's off let's hope the team can finish the season in style as Champions.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

CorkWhite wrote:As a Leeds fan, I am not so much happy for myself, I'm even happier for the NW and Sir John and others who have been supporters of our club a lot longer than most on here and have seen our club go through such wonderful times and also such dreadful times. I personally have been lucky to have witnessed Leeds during the late seventies after the glory years had passed and have seen the false dawns over the past 16 years. It's a wonderful achievement for us all, I'm just so pleased that some of our most treasured members have witnessed the rise once again.

MOT
Spot on :thumbup:
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: We Are Premier League

Post by CorkWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We did it for Jack, Norman & Trevor
I bet they were sitting on Huddersfields goal line having a few beers together with Billy and the Don NW, I'm happy were finally back to where we belong.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

I'm choked.

I now have a good reason to open the bottle of champagne, I've had for years.

Awesome.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Can't find the words to describe this feeling. Trying to figure out how to prolong it for as long as possible after 16 years of knowing that anything good was usually followed by something bad. This is incredible. So moved.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’