2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by corkleedsmot »

Leonickroberts wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Eirik Bakke trying to send one of Norways biggest emerging talents - Sivert Mannsverk from his club Sogndal to Leeds. Will 100% leave this window ..
Arsenal have been sniffing around him for a while, and he'd be a decent Klich alternative. I haven't seen any concrete Leeds link though - where did you get this NW?

Sounds like Derby's desperate financial situation is putting Louie Sibley and Jason Knight firmly on the 'open to offers' list. Given Orta's approach seems to be to only sign players in Jan if they're a bargain, these two and Olise might be feasible - would be delighted with any of them tbh, although Olise is probably the most 'ready' of the 3, and I'm well aware that in spite of the above we're very unlikely to be signing anyone this month.
I have been praying for Leeds to go after Knight for a while in here. He is exactly the profile of player who would do well. I have seen a lot of this kid over the last few years in the Ireland underage teams and he is a fantastic player with freakish stamina and appetite plus a great attitude. He has good technical attributes too and would love to see what bielsa would do with him and O ' Shea at WBA. I think both would be around the 5-10 million ballpark
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Ryan Edmundson joined Northampton Town on loan until end of season.
Scored twice in 14 appearances for Aberdeen.

Unlucky to get a ankle injury early in his loan North of the border so reckon next few months is big for him. Hope he can start producing at senior level what he did for our U23's. Still only 19years old.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Andrea Radrizzani has liked a tweet from a Leeds United fan asking for the club to sign Rodrigo De Paul.

No idea if there is anything in it but Radz obviously likes him.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

blackbox2342 wrote:Andrea Radrizzani has liked a tweet from a Leeds United fan asking for the club to sign Rodrigo De Paul.

Radz would have liked to sign him in the summer but the sticking point was valuation Udinese put on him. Marcelo rates him and Leeds would like to sign him, but not at any cost, so unless Udinese drastically reduce what they want it won't happen.
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Nic wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:Andrea Radrizzani has liked a tweet from a Leeds United fan asking for the club to sign Rodrigo De Paul.

Radz would have liked to sign him in the summer but the sticking point was valuation Udinese put on him. Marcelo rates him and Leeds would like to sign him, but not at any cost, so unless Udinese drastically reduce what they want it won't happen.
It's true but the tweet like shows he's still.on the radar. Whether money is there or Udinese have changed their demands I do not know but if available then it is a possibility we may go again? Be a good signing I feel.
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Rumours of a loan move for Manure's Jesse Lingard no idea if it has any legs to it or lazy reporting.
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

blackbox2342 wrote:Rumours of a loan move for Manure's Jesse Lingard no idea if it has any legs to it or lazy reporting.
https://images.app.goo.gl/Y8aVUo35TM27u1kB9

Sorry, couldnt get the picture to be displayed (how is that done again?)
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Aqua- wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:Rumours of a loan move for Manure's Jesse Lingard no idea if it has any legs to it or lazy reporting.

:D Surely this is just lazy reporting. He's literally never been a top flight footballer.

I've gone back and forth a bit in the last few weeks about whether I actually want us to sign anyone given the fitness and price constraints we all know all about, but after the turgid display against Brighton I'm now firmly in the "an exciting fresh set of creative legs in midfield would be a very good thing" camp. Can't help but think that it would give some of the others a push, notwithstanding giving us an option that's not Klich (tired/form), Phillips (only reliable player in his position), Rodrigo (out of position), or Shackleton (struggling to play at the level required).
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Aqua- wrote:

You've made two errors in trying to show the picture in your post.
The first is you've selected "URL" from the button menu above the posting box.
You should have picked the one to its left, marked "Img" - it does the same thing, giving you a couple of sets of brackets between which you paste the URL of the image you wish to display.
Unfortunately, your second mistake was that you pasted to a google page showing the image but with a load of Twitter links below it.
You need to go one step further by getting just a "pure" web page showing only the image.
In Chrome, you do this by right-clicking on the picture and selecting "Open in new tab", then you can copy the correct URL from the top of the newly opened tab.

Unfortunately (again) the image is far too big for this site and won't display properly on most people's monitors and certainly not on phones.
To put suitable images in a forum post, you need to resize them.
To do this .. if you can be arsed .. you need to use some kind of picture host that allows you to customise sizes. I use https://postimages.org/.

This site allowed me to resize to suit most monitors and I can now display the picture properly, like this :

The Squirrel
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by The Squirrel »

We don't need a winger and we certainly don't need a substandard one like him.