2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We’ve submitted a £15m bid for Norwich City’s midfielder Todd Cantwell & is expected to be left out the Norwich squad for today’s game vs Bournemouth
An excellent signing if this comes off, very impressed with him last season at Norwich.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Apparently we've offered 20m euros for, and agreed terms with Michael Cuisance of Bayern Munich. This is from the Italian journo who seems to be in the know.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Unreal if true. Huge ceiling on this lad. He really could end up being anything. I'm shocked Bayern are letting him go in all honesty and if the fee is 20 mill we are getting about 50% off imo
Mickeyzee
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Mickeyzee »

Lots of stuff from blueticks on twitter around Michael Cuisance from Bayern, looks like its all but done at 20m and a 4 year deal? Bayern fans are really not pleased if true!

We shall see what happens, this its going to be a busy week for us!
It's only a game love?! Shut up you daft woman....
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

If we get both Cuisance and Cantwell this will be an outstanding transfer window, don't know much about Cuisance but Cantwell was one of the few standouts for Norwich last season and can see him fitting into MB's system and improving his all round play.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Mr Russell wrote:If we get both Cuisance and Cantwell this will be an outstanding transfer window, don't know much about Cuisance but Cantwell was one of the few standouts for Norwich last season and can see him fitting into MB's system and improving his all round play.
I doubt we are going for the two but would be shocked and pleasantly surprised?

I really don't want Dan James so would have Cantwell over him any day.

Cuisance is a cultured left footed CM. can play 10 or CM (mostly here) and could play on the wing in a squeeze as an inverted right winger. He can pick a pass from anywhere but likes a tackle too.

Bayern fans rate him highly but also think he has a bit of an attitude but is freakishly hard working. Gets some stick for his Previous exit from B. Monchenglad. Behaved badly forcing an exit.

If he is super ambitious as they say and won't wait around for minutes at Bayern I see a lad coming to prove himself rather than throwing the toys out of the pram.

At the end of the day young lads want to play ball and succeed so I don't think he is a young lad who would upset the apple cart. He is not in the Draxler category of difficult.

He is absolutely perfect playing wise for Leeds and this would potentially be a better purchase than De Paul considering he is still only 21. As much as I like De Paul and am disappointed he won't be coming.
Last edited by corkleedsmot on 27 Sep 2020, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
Seathrun66
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Seathrun66 »

New poster, but been following for a while and am impressed by both the knowledge and general lack of belligerence here.

Should Cantwell (superb last season and yet another dodgy hairstyle for us) and Cuisance both arrive then this will have been an astonishing window for us. Very disappointed to miss out on De Paul as he is seemingly a cut above everyone else we've been associated with and may have lifted us to the edge of European competition. I also feel that we have probably messed Udinese around a little and cheekily aimed our offers a little too low. Slightly disrespectful to them I believe and I'd hate to think we lost a player of that quality for the sake of £5/6m. That money could have easily been retrieved in higher league placings, extra TV revenue if doing well (more matches televised) and shirt sales to Argentina, etc. The only saving grace is that he is possibly a player we may have had to shape our team around and that is inconsistent with the current team ethos.

Whatever happens, thus far it's been one hell of a re-entry to the PL.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Seathrun66 wrote:New poster, but been following for a while and am impressed by both the knowledge and general lack of belligerence here.

Totally agree and welcome to the forum :thumbup:
Why not introduce yourself in the new members section!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mickeyzee
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Mickeyzee »

Seathrun66 wrote:New poster, but been following for a while and am impressed by both the knowledge and general lack of belligerence here.

Should Cantwell (superb last season and yet another dodgy hairstyle for us) and Cuisance both arrive then this will have been an astonishing window for us. Very disappointed to miss out on De Paul as he is seemingly a cut above everyone else we've been associated with and may have lifted us to the edge of European competition. I also feel that we have probably messed Udinese around a little and cheekily aimed our offers a little too low. Slightly disrespectful to them I believe and I'd hate to think we lost a player of that quality for the sake of £5/6m. That money could have easily been retrieved in higher league placings, extra TV revenue if doing well (more matches televised) and shirt sales to Argentina, etc. The only saving grace is that he is possibly a player we may have had to shape our team around and that is inconsistent with the current team ethos.

Welcome matey!

Mick
It's only a game love?! Shut up you daft woman....
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We’ve submitted a £15m bid for Norwich City’s midfielder Todd Cantwell & is expected to be left out the Norwich squad for today’s game vs Bournemouth
Phil Hay
@PhilHay_

people I spoke to yesterday were playing the Cantwell link down. It's not to say there's nothing in it at all but Cuisance is a major target
Last edited by MOT1964 on 28 Sep 2020, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.