2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by superfox »

NottinghamWhite wrote:When does the window close ?
Next Monday (5 October)
superfox

Post by superfox »

gilesdriveby wrote:Norwich fans seem to be happy regarding Cantwell deal. They feel that there are issues about his attitude and much like us and Jack Clarke that it might be good to cash in. Personally I would prefer James to Cantwell as he has proven himself for longer than one season.
I also saw these kind of opinions about Cantwell on Twitter. Some of them are just sour grapes, but many people simply find him irritating and call him a "poof" and things like that. Mind you, the last footballer I recall who was called homophobic insults was Bamford, so if Cantwell has the same impact then he should come ASAP.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

PC71 wrote:LEEDS. In talks with Bayern Munich for midfielder Michaël Cuisance. Personal terms agreed, just need to agree a fee. Talks ongoing with Norwich For Todd Cantwell. Also looking for a goalkeeper as Kiko Casilla has agreed terms with a club in Spain. #Lufc #LeedsUnited
I would be happy for Kiko to leave as I think that would best suit all the parties in the circumstances. He was noticeably missing from the squad yesterday too. Will mean we would need a replacement and I would hope for someone with a bit of experience ideally!
Aqua-

Post by Aqua- »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Reading an English version Bayern Munich forum they aren’t overly bothered about Cuisance leaving in fact they think €20 million is a great price for him

http://www.bayernforum.com
Not meaning to disrespect bayern supporters, but i never valued them much.
Like bayern, chelsea, real madrid etc... They are so obsessed with being on top constantly that they buy everything that moves and throw away anything that isnt an overnight sensation.

That is why some great players can't make it in those clubs - morata, robben & bale at real and de bruyne & salah at chelsea pops in mind.

They dont even bother raising talents, they rather buy young talents and let them fight for a spot.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

superfox wrote:
Next Monday (5 October)
That’s the international window, the domestic window carries through until October 16th.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
superfox

Post by superfox »

Barlow Boy wrote:
superfox wrote:
Next Monday (5 October)
That’s the international window, the domestic window carries through until October 16th.
It only means we could still sell players to EFL clubs, but to PL clubs 5 October is the final date for buying players.
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

I read someone on Twitter put about Michaël Cuisance - I have been following his career for minutes now and he seems he would be a great buy for us.

That sums up much of the window for me, some we got, some we didn’t, but names I had never heard of before, became so important.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

superfox wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
superfox wrote:
Next Monday (5 October)
It only means we could still sell players to EFL clubs, but to PL clubs 5 October is the final date for buying players.
Are you sure about that ?, I thought the Premier League clubs could trade both ways with the EFL clubs ?.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Reported Everton and Leeds United target Amer Gojak could be sold by Dinamo Zagreb for about £5 million before the transfer window closes, his agent has told Calciomercato.

SportSport reported earlier in the window the West Yorkshire giants were battling Everton, Besiktas, Hertha Berlin and Fiorentina for the signature of a man labelled the ‘new Luka Modric’ back home in Zagreb.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

" Talks progressing between Leeds and Bayern Münich for Michaël Cuisance. Personal terms already agreed. €20m as final fee offered by Leeds to complete the deal. "

Looks like this one is ready in the oven :)

Bild and Romano giving it the thumbs up. This is a really sweet deal. I can't wait to see this kid in a Leeds shirt.