2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Saxon »

My conversations with 2 Leeds fans in the UK over Christmas brought up the left back position. We do need a solid experienced player there, it's one of the weak link/problem positions that can be solved by having the right man in there, who we do not have at the moment,no time left for experimenting or bring in a reserve. An outside player coming in [injury free] would release Dallas and Alioski for other duties. Dallas and Alioski could then put their time in at training focusing on their tactics instead of not knowing where they were going to be in the line up. Both Danny Rose and Charlie Taylor's name came up and I would not object to either.
Regarding Hernandez not being happy if we signed another player, I love you Pablo, but it's the way of the World. I don't think Pablo's feelings are going to affect any decision by management to strengthen the squad. Don't we have some motto down at Elland Road, "Side before Self'?
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Rumours doing rounds about Adama Traroe. Fits the bill, need defenders add another winger!
TelfordLeeds
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by TelfordLeeds »

My wife is a Wolves supporter and we go to all their home games. I said Helder Costa was a waste of money when Leeds were thinking of signing him due to an earlier serious injury that he never recovered from. Adama Traore will never come to Leeds because:
- No end product (no goals or assists for about 18 games)
- Does a few sprints going forward, but merely jogs back, a lazy player
- He plays like a headless chicken and nobody knows where he is going or what he is going to do
- No structure to his game, so won't fit in
- Wolves fans say they could sell him for £80m, not worth more than £12m
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

I think Diego Costa might be an interesting short-term option now he's become available.

Roberts IMO isn't good enough for the Premier League so need cover for Paddy, either coming off the bench or if Bamford gets injured.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Westminster wrote:I think Diego Costa might be an interesting short-term option now he's become available.

Roberts IMO isn't good enough for the Premier League so need cover for Paddy, either coming off the bench or if Bamford gets injured.
You can't be serious about Costa ?
His salary would cover most of our squad's :problem:

.. not that he'd come anyway.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Not a fan of the January window, very little quality is usually available.

Also if we do sign anyone they will need to adjust to our system so no Instant benefit.
Use what we've got with more opportunities to Struijk, Shacks, Davies and other U'23's to cover injuries as Marcelo sees fit.
Our U'23s have improved so much this year and they play exactly like first team, believe a few could slip in and do a job with the experienced players
around them (not all at once of course).
Then access what we need in the summer to go up to the next level and compete with the top clubs.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Touchwood, but it doesn't look as if we are going to be involved in the relegation battle. Also unlikley that we will be in contention of Champions league or Europa cup spots.

Therefore, any signings should be long term signings with a view to them fititng into the first team next year. Not sure if we need any potential young players as the U23 has a number of such players Mc Carron, Gelhardt, Greenwood. We also have players like Gotts and Bogusz out on loan so any players coming in should be of the standard of Koch or Raphina.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

rigger wrote:
Westminster wrote:I think Diego Costa might be an interesting short-term option now he's become available.

You can't be serious about Costa ?
His salary would cover most of our squad's :problem:

.. not that he'd come anyway.
And he has an awful attitude, he wouldn't integrate at all well in this Leeds Utd group.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Eirik Bakke trying to send one of Norways biggest emerging talents - Sivert Mannsverk from his club Sogndal to Leeds. Will 100% leave this window ..
Winner of the Europa League
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Eirik Bakke trying to send one of Norways biggest emerging talents - Sivert Mannsverk from his club Sogndal to Leeds. Will 100% leave this window ..
Arsenal have been sniffing around him for a while, and he'd be a decent Klich alternative. I haven't seen any concrete Leeds link though - where did you get this NW?

Sounds like Derby's desperate financial situation is putting Louie Sibley and Jason Knight firmly on the 'open to offers' list. Given Orta's approach seems to be to only sign players in Jan if they're a bargain, these two and Olise might be feasible - would be delighted with any of them tbh, although Olise is probably the most 'ready' of the 3, and I'm well aware that in spite of the above we're very unlikely to be signing anyone this month.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’