2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think Danny Rose is a fine, stand-up individual.
I don't think he has any "attitude" at all, other than honestly wishing to express how he's feeling to the world rather than playing the usual PR game. He's spoken out about men's mental health on several occasions and way before most other people in the game got round to it and for that alone I think he should be applauded.

I actually think he's a good player, excellent athlete and someone who would apply himself to Bielsa's methods wholeheartedly and would welcome him back here in a heartbeat. He's got the work ethic to be a brilliant fit on that problem left flank. Let's get him in if his wages aren't too high.
Seathrun66
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Seathrun66 »

rigger wrote:I think Danny Rose is a fine, stand-up individual.
I don't think he has any "attitude" at all, other than honestly wishing to express how he's feeling to the world rather than playing the usual PR game. He's spoken out about men's mental health on several occasions and way before most other people in the game got round to it and for that alone I think he should be applauded.

I actually think he's a good player, excellent athlete and someone who would apply himself to Bielsa's methods wholeheartedly and would welcome him back here in a heartbeat. He's got the work ethic to be a brilliant fit on that problem left flank. Let's get him in if his wages aren't too high.
Spurs would pay most of his £2.8m wages until next Summer, cut their losses. The alternative is paying the lot while he sits in the stands. Leeds could just sign him until June.

He's still only thirty, has something to prove and where better than back where he started?
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Seathrun66 wrote:
rigger wrote:I think Danny Rose is a fine, stand-up individual.

Spurs would pay most of his £2.8m wages until next Summer, cut their losses. The alternative is paying the lot while he sits in the stands. Leeds could just sign him until June.

He's still only thirty, has something to prove and where better than back where he started?
He would be an excellent addition to the squad IMHO
Keep The Faith / WAL
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Not for me, decent player but I think we're very comfortable at LB, no point in getting someone who is likely to be on first team wages but wouldn't start.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

A few brief reports from players out on loan........

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/academ ... r-aberdeen
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

DominanceUK wrote:Not for me, decent player but I think we're very comfortable at LB, no point in getting someone who is likely to be on first team wages but wouldn't start.
It's all about opinions and I think we are far from being "very comfortable" at LB. We have Dallas or Alioski which is OK to a point and fine when we play as we do on the front foot. Dallas was great last season and has been excellent this. Alioski can come in and do a job but neither of those two is an out and out defender. Rose would offer a nice option coming off the bench. As for the wages, there is a clever deal to be done with his parent club.

Al that said it ain't going to happen!
Keep The Faith / WAL
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

Good player, Danny Rose, I've always rated him but he is, as others have said, probably on a downward trajectory now.

Still, it we signed him until the end of the season it wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't work out, especially if a deal could be struck on his wages. So, on balance, I'd say he's worth a whirl.

Pity it isn't the Danny rose of four or five years ago though. He was very good then.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Augsburgwhite
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Augsburgwhite »

Anybody else think it would be interesting to look at Christian Eriksen? He doesn't fit in in at Inter and their are lots of rumours they want rid. Good fit for Pochettino's style, so should work with us.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Augsburgwhite wrote:Anybody else think it would be interesting to look at Christian Eriksen? He doesn't fit in in at Inter and their are lots of rumours they want rid. Good fit for Pochettino's style, so should work with us.
Decent player but not sure where he woukd fit as I see Rodrigo (our record signing) as been first choice in the attacking midfield role he would want.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.