2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Selby White »

PhoenixUnited wrote:There has been a lot of criticism of Helder Costa and admittedly I have put my two pennyworth in. I do wonder however if all is OK with him.

We have all seen players who, having signed a decent contract, are content to take the money and are not too fussed about giving a fair return for their wages. They are quite happy to sit on the bench or not even be in the squad at all.

Regarding Costa he does not strike me as being one of these bolshie types who cares not a jot about what people think of him. He seems to have gone into a shell from which he is struggling to emerge. It does not look as if he is mentally all together. I would be sure that the club are doing all that is necessary to look after him - as they do all of our players. Fingers crossed
Axiety & loss of confidence is my view, nothing that a good psychiatrist can't sort.
Watching the U23's yesterday, he missed a good opportunity but prior to that was unlucky with a couple of excellent strikes, one brilliantly saved other hitting the post. He played fine but yes its only U23's but not writing him off although not my first choice.
One thing I will say his ability to take corners were better than what we've seen from the first team on many occasions this year.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

He looks to me like a player who knows he isn't quite up to it physically and that affects his confidence. He's quite quick and he's quite a clever player, but he's a bit weak and not particularly brave or robust, which, unless you're exceptionally good, you need. Compare his physicality with that of Harrison for example. No contest.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Costy wrote:He looks to me like a player who knows he isn't quite up to it physically and that affects his confidence. He's quite quick and he's quite a clever player, but he's a bit weak and not particularly brave or robust, which, unless you're exceptionally good, you need. Compare his physicality with that of Harrison for example. No contest.
I thought it was notable that, Costa was one if the first people Bamford went to when celebrating his goal. I don't see Costa as not being interested at all. Looks like a cofidence thing. He is a work in progress.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Frankie wrote:
Costy wrote:He looks to me like a player who knows he isn't quite up to it physically and that affects his confidence. He's quite quick and he's quite a clever player, but he's a bit weak and not particularly brave or robust, which, unless you're exceptionally good, you need. Compare his physicality with that of Harrison for example. No contest.
I thought it was notable that, Costa was one if the first people Bamford went to when celebrating his goal.
Good observation Frankie, I recall that too. The way things are going - no Poveda, potentially no Rapinho - Costa may well start tomorrow. I'd have Somerville as a bench option, tricky, so much pace.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

mapperleywhite wrote:
Frankie wrote:
I thought it was notable that, Costa was one if the first people Bamford went to when celebrating his goal.
Good observation Frankie, I recall that too. The way things are going - no Poveda, potentially no Rapinho - Costa may well start tomorrow. I'd have Somerville as a bench option, tricky, so much pace.
Cant see it he played full 90 mins for u23s, bench will be those playing 45mins I suspect.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Berardi playing for the U23‘s today :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Berardi playing for the U23‘s today :clap: :clap: :clap:
Wow !
My favourite player :D
I'm so pleased for him.

I know it's a way off, but he'd do a job as the anchorman.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Brilliant news, c'mon Berra, best of luck.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Barlow Boy wrote:Berardi playing for the U23‘s today :clap: :clap: :clap:

Played the first 45 mins and replaced at half time by Charlie Cresswell.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Happy days, so pleased for him. Keep her lit Bera :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders